Looking at buying a 2011 Sundance 3200RL

gjackson

Our son is looking at a 2011 Sundance 3200RL travel trailer. He is single and would be living in it full time. We are looking for feedback from some of you who have a Sundance. Any help would be appreciated.

ncc1701e

This is our second Sundance (3210CL). The first was a 2800RL. We are really excited with this unit. It is still new enough that we've not done much camping with it yet. sd_3310cl.jpg Sundane 5.jpg Sundane 7.jpg Sundane 6.jpg Sundane 4.jpg Sundane 2.jpg Sundane 1.jpg Dry weight on the unit is 10,750# and for a 37'5" trailer that is not real bad at all.

AnnR

We've had our 2011 Sundance 3200FK TT for a year and love it! It's very similar to the RL, but the floorplan is flipped - our kitchen is in the front, living room in the middle, then the bathroom and the bedroom is in the back. Our kitchen is a little larger, with more counterspace, but the RL has a larger living room. Just depends on your preference. We've found the quality to be good, with only minor problems - we had a leak around one slide, but it was just because the seal had gotten caught - easily flipped the seal back into place, problem solved. The other problem was a little more annoying, but also easily fixed. We had chipmunks in our trailer at the end of the season (October.) I found a kitchen drawer full of hickory nuts and started investigating. There are wooden panels under both the kitchen and bathroom sinks that hide the plumbing from view. After removing these panels, I could see huge gaps of several inches around the incoming water pipes. I patched the holes with steel wool and expanding foam, but really this should have been done by the factory. I've heard this is common with all brands - not just a Heartland problem. Those were the only problems we've had. I really like the quality touches like the sturdy kitchen drawers, beautiful wood cabinets, double kitchen sinks and composite countertops. The trailer feels very solid - no bouncing when you walk through it. This makes it feel very home-like, instead of like a camper. There's a ton of storage, inside and out. The furniture is comfortable, although for full time living I would consider a mattress upgrade. I definitely would recommend a Sundance trailer.