Keyless entry lock

bdb2047

Ours had just stopped working recently.Had been having some issues with it since new.At times would have to enter code more than once just thought it was operator issue.Since it stopped completely thought it was battery in sender.When I got it apart found battery holder cracked at solder joint.Re did solder it seams to work every time now.Maybe something to check for those having problems.Found that it works from front of camper so will mount it on inside of propane compartment door.

mikeotto

Does anyone out there have a number or web site that I can contact, so that I can get a new sending unit. I have replaced the batteries twice and now it just will not work. It never worked great
, but it is sure handy when it does. A little help would be very much appriciated.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Does anyone out there have a number or web site that I can contact, so that I can get a new sending unit. I have replaced the batteries twice and now it just will not work. It never worked great
, but it is sure handy when it does. A little help would be very much appriciated.

Mike call SouthCo @ 303-561-4900 about your keyless entry. Trace

DavidCraker

Another question:
If the lights on the keyless pad don't light up, I was told the battery inside the pad is bad. Now, how do I change that battery out? Do I need to pull the whole keypad or just the cover that covers the numbers? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
You will need to pull the outside keypad off. Making sure not to bend it. Once removed, take a precision Phillips head screwdriver and remove 8 screws. Don't lose them, they are small. Then remove the key pad cover (plastic piece with numbers on it) and remove the from the plastic. It takes a CR 20-32 Battery. Once you put it back together, you can reattach it with double sided tape or sticky Velcro. I used Velcro and remove it when I travel.

Willym

On my 2011, there are no screws to take out. I just prize off the cover carefully, and then remove the number strip and the circuit board behind it. The battery is on the back of the circuit board and just slides out. My outer cover does not seal well, so I add a narrow (1/4" wide) strip of metallic duct tape to cover the seam. It molds nicely around the corners and seals the seam.

bdb2047

Check the battery hold down where it is soldered to board.That is where mine was broken.Don't know if it as a common issue but seams to have fixed my problem.

DougS

Doug S
The keyboard on my 2011 came apart without removing from unit. I also have a small amount of blue silicon on the edges of the circuit board. I bought silicon sealant from a Advanced Auto and applied a very small amount of it around the circuit board Edges with a tooth pick. Good as new.

MTPockets

I had a lot of trouble with mine when new... told it was battery, then connections, then I was told the hole in the door frame was not deep enough for the bolt to engage 100% and to have dealer drill it a little deeper under warranty. Seemed easy enough, so I did that myself and have had no more trouble. Apparently the dead bolt would not engage deep enough into the door frame, so the next time the solenoid would not engage, simulating a dead battery.

ihsolutions

OK I've had both kinds discussed here. My 2011 BH (built March of 2010) had the old style, where the outside unit had two pieces that clipped together. You could remove the front, and replace the battery without removing the backing from the trailer.

That one failed, and when Heartland had my unit in for repairs, they swapped it out for the new style. The new ones do not come apart without removing, and must be sticky-taped or velcro'd to the unit each time you change the battery.

I was told the original two-piece design was no good because water would get in there and corrode the circuitry.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
The new design did not resolve the corrosion problem. I have to clean mine every four or five months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: