Amplifier switch in bedroom for TV

mobilcastle

In the bedroom there are three cable feeds going into this amplifier in my 3670RL. One red and two blue wires(colored rings around metal cable plug-ins)The actual wires are black. I want to eliminate the amplifier. I am installing a different antenna with its own booster. What do these wires feed and which one needs to be plugged into the bedroom TV.
Thank you for your help.
Steve

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Steve, on the back of the amplifier, there should be molded guidance for the coaxes. One goes to the roof antenna, one comes from the exterior cable connection and the 3rd goes to the other TV compartment. The amplifier/switcher provides 12 Volt power to the antenna head. I have a pdf I'll attach.
It is from Winegard but Antenna tek is the same configuration.

Attachments

• Winegard.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 64
  • 2451233.pdf
    253.2 KB · Views: 40

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I am not 100% certain, but I think all you need to do is leave the amplifier turned off.
You shouldn't have to do any re-wiring.

Peace
Dave

danemayer

I think Dave is correct. You don't need to remove the booster. If you pull the power lead off and tape it, it won't ever turn on unless you reconnect the lead.

How do you plan to power the new antenna?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mobilcastle

Thanks for all the info and the drawings. Mine is a signal master. When I set up my antenna(it is multidirectional) it picks up a lot of HD channels with excellent HD reception which is not compressed like the cable and sattelite people do when you get their signal. The problem was with the old booster turned off it was grounding and reducing the new boosters voltage which came with the antenna and installs near the TV which in this case is the one in the LR. I figured it out by putting my volt meter on the leads. The two blue when put together and voltage from new booster it gives a low voltage reading. The red I think goes to the antenna. I will put on a regular splitter tomorrow. I am using one of these antennas at my house and I am setting up a dedicated computer to stream video from the net-good bye cable. My home TV computer net system will have two tuners which will be able to record one show when I am watching another-it also will be set up with a remote just like the cable company. Plenty of space for recording on the 1 TB drive. I will be able to pull OA(over the air) channels and shows from the net. I might set up netflix and Hulu. Thanks for your help.