JR is gone

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Just saw that Larry Hagman passed away. He set the standard for grownup prime time soaps as JR Euing in the show DALLAS. He also was the master in I Dream Of Jeannie. RIP Larry.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
I did not watch it. Not much of a soap kinda person. But I do remember him in I Dream of Jeannie, and he was a man of many talents. But the one thing that I have always wanted to know was "Who shot JR?"!

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Followed Larry Hagman's career from the 60's till this year. When he did the JR role this year on TNT's Dallas he looked weak health wise but he still could act. Prayers to his family - rest in peace.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
I just heard that one news station showed who killed him on the news tonight.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
And in case anyone was in a cave JR was the TV character on the show Dallas, not a real person.

dieselsweetheart

Loved the old Dallas, and yes, his sister-in-law, Kristen shot him...after everyone else was so mad at him they could've shot him too. I think the producers had many versions of that one scene filmed and they didn't know either who they would choose to be the shooter. Loved the new Dallas too...JR was back and just as scheming as ever. My daughter was into the new show as well, and I tried to fill her in on the old shows...thought I would really catch her up and plan to give her 8 seasons worth of the old Dallas for Christmas....the old Dallas had many seasons!!

Remember he had a liver transplant and wasn't sure how long he would live after that but he seemed to recover ok from that.... He was on LIVE with Kelly last spring when the new Dallas was coming out...he looked well then.... sure will miss him. He was one villain you loved to hate.

rumaco

US Army Retired (CW4)
Standard for grownup prime time soaps as JR Ewing in the show DALLAS. He also was the master in I Dream Of Jeannie. RIP Larry.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator: