considering new San Antonio

bpe

We are full time in a 06 32' DRV. It is too small and a new DRV is not in the mix. How do these units fare in cold weather, down to 0? My DRV is cold in slides. How are these? Can you really tow these with a short bed truck? Any axle problems? 7,000lbs axles seem underrated. My DRV has 8,000. I will likely have more questions later. Thanks and God bless.

danemayer

considering new SanAntonio

Get the Bighorn or Landmark with Yeti option, dual pane windows and the fireplace. Add a Pelonis ceramic disc heater for good measure and zero will be a piece of cake. We take our Landmark on extended ski trips and have been down to -30F.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

jimtoo

Re: considering new SanAntonio

Hi bpe,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I have heard lots of good remarks about the Yeti Cold weather option. It has lots of good additions. I'm sure some of our members will jump in soon that have the unit and give some more information.

And,, Yes,,, they can be towed with a short bed truck.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

mikeandconnie

I have pulled my 09 and 2013 Landmark 30000 miles with a Ford/Chevy short bed and have never used the slider.

bpe

That is good to know. I currently use a cc long bed gmc. Takes a very wide turn. Would love to find out how well it does in cold temps.

jimtoo

Dan in post #2 takes their's to Colorado every year for skiing and says it does a good job.

Jim M

bpe

don't know how i missed that. Thanks. Sounds great. Are the slide outs warm in a stiff north wind? It isn't in my Mobile Suites

danemayer

don't know how i missed that. Thanks. Sounds great. Are the slide outs warm in a stiff north wind? It isn't in my Mobile Suites
Our Rushmore has opposing slides in the living room. I sit in one and DW in the other. We're comfortable in very cold temps and in high winds. Last winter there was a storm with 80mph winds hitting the rear of the rig. If you're asking if the wind blows inside through the slideouts, it doesn't.

The Heartland Website features and options page for Landmark mentions Double Bulb/Double Squeegee Seals in the slideouts. That may be why it works so well.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter

I read somewhere that the slide floors are heated. It maybe part of the Yeti package.

danemayer

I read somewhere that the slide floors are heated. It maybe part of the Yeti package.

I'm pretty sure the slide floors are not heated as part of the Yeti package, but it may include a radiant barrier for the slide floors. The Yeti original Yeti flyer mentions radiant barrier in the front and rear caps, along with tank heaters and 12V heat tape on the main water line.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
My understanding is the Yetti package also includes an additional radiant barrier in the slide floors...

bpe

Is an upgraded axle/tire (8,000 lb) available? The 3,000 lbs cc concerns me. We are truly full time. Nothing in storage.

K

karykatz

Radiant Barrier Insulation is standard in all bighorns and Landmarks. The Yetti pkg includes additional Raddiant Insulation in the front and rear caps

Raquel

I have to tell you that we spent Thursday, Friday, Saturday, until noon on Sunday at Rvs of Sacramento. We had 50 to 60 mph winds and 3 to 4 inches of ran per hour. I'm sure you've seen the recent news from the area. We never felt any drafts or cold spots. We'd get up in the morning and the furnace would heat us up from 63 to 72 in about 5 minutes. The first night we decided to try out the fireplace and cooked ourselves out of the place. All weekend we were as snug as two bugs in a rug.

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Radiant Barrier Insulation is standard in all bighorns and Landmarks. The Yetti pkg includes additional Raddiant Insulation in the front and rear caps

Radiant barrier is also standard on the "HT Winterized Cyclone" package! :) :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

jjriker

We considered that floor plan, and really liked it. We ended up going with the Rushmore but I think no matter which floor plan you go with, you will love it!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2