New 3690, Looks real good, the wife ain't bad either...

jimtoo

I completely agree with you!

Hope you make lots of great memories with your Big Country ... and your wife!!

Jim M

VKTalley

I tried to reply to the PM you sent me but I am not sure that the reply sent. SO, I am posting here. :) Malcolm (MCT) said that he wouldn't change anything on the install. It was pretty much straight forward. Here is the picture
of the remote display mounted inside the fuse box cabinet. We used Command Strips Velcro (the picture type). Hope this helps! Feel free to contact us with more questions!
Remote Display.jpg

alanfred

Thanks Valerie, any thoughts about swapping the AC/Furnace thermostat? Ours does not hold temp very well.

VKTalley

Thanks Valerie, any thoughts about swapping the AC/Furnace thermostat? Ours does not hold temp very well.

Alan, sorry that I missed this message from you. We have not had a huge problem with the thermostat but I do know that Malcolm (MCT) has looked at other thermostats.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We replaced our thermostat, does much better at holding the temp with the furnace. Haven't got to try with the AC yet. We bought this one from Lowes:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367548313.550315.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1367548433.757179.jpg

You do lose the low speed on the AC, unless you do an additional mod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimtoo

This is link to installing a Hunter Thermostat. It's not that hard and if your a little handy you can add a switch to the thermostat to control fan high or low speeds. Works a lot better than original.

Jim M

MCTalley

Ours has a digital thermostat. I haven't noticed that ours doesn't hold temperatures well. It seems to give a pretty good swing to keep the A/C or furnace from cycling on and off really often.

The other thermostat I was looking at was that fancy wi-fi Nest one. Not sure if it would work or not. I wanted to try it more from a nerdy perspective than to fix any shortcoming with the supplied thermostat.

ParkIt

Nerd alert, I'm with you on that one. I'd like to see if there is a way to move the thermostat to the living area, we like a cold bedroom for sleeping but don't want to hit the kitchen in a thin robe. Same for the AC, cooler in the bedroom and let the ceiling fan keep the cool air moving in that area.