Commercial diver needs advice on where to long term in Houma.

JasonShrout

Hello fellow full-timers!
I'd like to ask for some recommendations in regard to the topic above. Are there any other divers in this forum?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
In Houma Louisiana? All I could find was this place.

Capri Court Campground
105 Capri Court
Houma LA 70364
United States
Tel: +1(800)428-8026

scottyb

Hello Jason. I'm not a commercial diver but I am a Rescue Diver. My side job is as the National Rescue Coordinator for the Lucas Oil Drag Boat Racing Series. I schedule and make travel arrangements for team members from across the country. They consist of firemen, paramedics, and rescue divers. Some of them do all the above. I am also a Rescue Boat Captain but prefer to be suited up in dive gear. If you see a drag boat crash on TV, then more than likely we were there.

One of our top racers from Kansas is the owner of a commercial dive operation, but I don't know the name of his company. Good luck with your search for a CG in Houma.

JasonShrout

Thanks for the replies folks :)
I looked these sites up, but no real reviews from any residents... Has anyone actually stayed at any of the parks there?

wdk450

Thanks for the replies folks :)
I looked these sites up, but no real reviews from any residents... Has anyone actually stayed at any of the parks there?

Jason:
In one area I stay in in Central California occasionally, I am not wowed by the RV park choices. I looked at the local CraigsList for that area under the RV's and Real Estate Rentals sections and found listings for nice looking Mobile Home Parks that rent monthly to RVers to fill up their occupancy. Some of these can be very nice - some can be dumps. After finding a name, you put out CraigsList postings there asking for reviews of the parks.

JasonShrout

Well, it's been a year of rv'ing here in Houston. Almost Heaven RV Park in Manvel has been a great place for us. I have started my career as a Diver/Tender and have no complaints with this living arrangement.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Almost Heaven was a pretty nice little park. I retired from the Manvel Police Dept. and made many drive-throughs in the park.

goldenbetty

goldenbetty
Jason, we live in New Orleans. I will ask some friends that live in Houma for their recommendation in Houma, and will let you know. What timeframe?

neilandnanci

Jason, We were intending to stay at Capri Court in Houma last summer. We drove in and it looked like a labor camp with a lot of low income permanent residences all in single wide mobile homes. The rv area is in the very back and cramped and dirty. We paid, pulled in and when we got to our spot decided we did not feel safe. So we decided to leave before we even hooked up. As we were leaving a county probation officer arrived to visit one of the residences. The manager gave us our money back without question.

I would not recommend this park for anyone. That was just our experience. We wanted to stay in New Orleans, but it was right after hurricane Issac and all those parks were full of FEMA and insurance adjusters. So that is why we opted for going a little further out.

Hope this helps,