Question on replacing ceiling speakers

rockerdude

I love our new 2013 Big Country 3650RL, however, the only thing I cannot stand, is the tinny sound I get out of the tiny little ceiling speakers. I would like to replace them with a 5-1/4 flush speaker, but not sure how much room I have between the ceiling and the roof? Is there anyone out there that has done this already. A recommendation on what speaker to use would be nice too, but I'm sure any speaker will sound better than the ones that are in there now. Thanks

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Ross,

I ended up getting a Samsung sound bar with subwoofer as a quick and decent fix to the problem you are experiencing.

The sound is surprisingly good for music and movies. Plus, it gives me a center speaker for TV and movies, which I didn't have.

We got this one because DW found it on sale at Walmart and brought it home.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Samsung...bolsp-app01-35?id=1218523234061&skuId=4755873

Plugs directly into any source with 1 wire. Has HDMI, Optical, or RCA's. Also play music from any Bluetooth device

We looked at a bunch of different ones at Best Buy and some sound a little better than others. Some are also a lot more money.(Bose, Klipsch etc.) This one was a good bang for the buck.

I suggest you take a look. I was surprised at how good some of them are for music. This setup leaves my factory speakers in the dust.

I mounted the bar directly over the TV and put the woofer in a corner. (It's wireless.) Took me about 20 minutes to do the whole works.

I left my other speakers alone so I can still play them independent, or with the soundbar setup. Trace

Last edited: