Ordered a Sleep Number Bed today!

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
After about 18 months of fulltiming, we finally broke down and ordered a new Sleep Number Bed. The OEM mattress that came with our Key Largo. Camping World has a great sale on them. We got ours for 999.00. Was just wondering if it really was a good price. Also how did everyone mount the control box under the bed where it will move when opening the slide.

oldmannj

to give you an idea how good a price you (we) got (I ordered one yesterday myself) I paid just over $900.00 EACH for twin sleep number beds 10 years ago. My short queen for the TT was 599.00 as compared to over 1200.00 on the sleep number site. On the question of mounting and stowing the compressor I'll be glued to this thread!!! I wish you many comfy nights on your new bed. We still use the twins ourselves so the longevity of the product is there. As long as they haven't scrimped on the quality to bring the ab fab price!!! ED

You won't have any regrets with the sleep number bed. You paid about what we paid 4.5 yrs ago at camping world.
As far as mounting, I used a hole saw for the cord and placed the unit under the bed. The hoses and controls (ours are wired) were run thru a slot in the back of the bed storage so the hoses/controls could be fed up above the slide mechanism and up thru the top of the bed and out to either side. We've never had a kink or any other problems with this setup. The pump is also nice and quiet under the bed.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Here's an earlier thread with pics : //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=32147

We have the cord coming out the side of the bed base. We have to make sure it is disconnected before moving the slide.

Still love ours!!

Note, the bed will come in two boxes. Ours did not arrive on the same day, which startled us. Assembly required. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353983595.702513.jpg

Here's our two boxes. One had the pump and air chambers, the other had the foam sides and the mattress cover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2psnapod2

Thanks again. They are smaller than I imagined.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

wdk450

I've got a currently not-in-use, Sleep number, queen, dual chamber, bed in storage at home. We ordered it ($4000) with the dual "hospital bed" remote control frame. I have always wondered if I could get that installed in place of the queen bed in the Bighorn, especially if I ever fulltime. I think I could put casters on the legs and attach it to the slide headboard. I have measured, and it seems it will fit. The pump/pressure control logic module and connecting tubing could be hung underside from the mattress support with cable ties.

2psnapod2

I would think that with the right materials, just about anything can be done. Put it on the list.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
After about 18 months of fulltiming, we finally broke down and ordered a new Sleep Number Bed. The OEM mattress that came with our Key Largo. Camping World has a great sale on them. We got ours for 999.00. Was just wondering if it really was a good price. Also how did everyone mount the control box under the bed where it will move when opening the slide.

Like the others, I mounted our compressor under the head of the mattress base and routed the air hoses up on the left side. One thing you might have to do is increase the size of the board under the bed to match the perimeter of the sleep number bed. Our OEM mattress was only 70X80 but I had to make the base larger to support the side bolsters of the new bed. Love it though.
I'm considering replacing the inner memory foam topper with a new one. It seems to be getting soft after several years of use.