circuit breakers

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
The last few times we had our Landmark out we have had problems with the landing gear and the slide outs. When extending the landing gear or pushing out or pulling in the slides,they would work fine for a second and then stop. After a second or two all would work as it should and then stop again. I would have to do this a few times before we could get the slides out or in and the landing gear extended. Seemed to me like something was getting hot and then cooling. Well we dropped our unit off at Bill Plemmons RV in Rural Hall,NC on Labor Day Monday for a fix. The service manager called me on Tuesday morning and told me that the 2 of the circuit breakers needed to be replaced. He gave me an estimate for reparing the breakers, packing my wheel bearings,adjusting the brakes,and taking care of a screw that had worked its way out and caused a lump under our carpet.I brought my Landmark home today. I was very impressed with how quickly they got my problem figured out and repaired and with the fact that the repair came in way under the estimate. :D I am trulu a happy camper.

bowtorc

charging problem

Anyone have a problem with the batteries staying charged while on the road? We were running the furnace to prevent freezing in the rv and the batteries discharged. I thought the unit charged off of the truck while on the road?

Tom of Ypsi

My understanding is the charge is slow from truck to coach. You said batteries as in two or more so I would think running the furnace while driving and trying to recharge the batteries is a losing effort. Check you water levels to make sure that is ok and start out with a full charge

jpmorgan37

Bowtorc;

What size wire do you have running from the charging system on your TV to the RV? If it is like one of my past vehicles, it was a 12 ga and wouldn't keep the RV batteries charged. Also, the draw from the furnace blower puts a pretty good load on the batteries. If the RV is warm when you leave in the morning, I wouldn't worry about it freezing up unless you are travelling in some really cold (mid 20's or below) weather. I've pulled through some pretty cold days without running the furnace and never had a freeze up problem. The other thing that I would worry about is the fire possibility running the furnace while driving. That's a lot of flame along with a lot of wind turbulance. JMHO.

John

bowtorc

Found the problem-there was no fuse in the truck for the batteries to be charged. Ther is supposed to be a 40 amp fuse for trailer batteries. A hint from Andy's Rv repair in Decatur Alabama. Everything seems to operational now. Thanks for the suggestions

Roger

ct0218

GMC/Chevy since 2001 has not supplied a fuse for the charging circuit in the 2500/3500 series trucks. Some have come from the factory with the fuse in the glove box, others not. I'll bet very few dealers have installed the fuse--best to check for it. The factory towing package has an acceptable gauge wire in the harness, but you really have to check for that fuse!

big tom

You may want to check in the elec. box behind the pin box. My charging wire was not connected to the house wiring.