Workcampers beware!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rumaco

US Army Retired (CW4)
We are full time RV workampers and travel the US to do the thousands of temp jobs offered in this lifestyle ( literally thousands!!!) so we decided to do the peak season at Amazon.com in Fernley Nevada and WOW what a mistake. The most brutal, thankless job we have ever done!!!!!!!!!!! They (the managment) are very young and talk down to you, treat you like the 19 year old next to you and could care less about anything but themselves. The pay is great but I think it will take months to recover! I, myself am going to take an RV park host job in Issaquah WA on a permanent basis and NEVER return to Amazon.com. Be very careful if you workcamp, don't get hooked!!!!!!

danemayer

There have been a bunch of Black Friday TV stories showing the Amazon fulfillment centers. Looks like a very physical job that would be tough on a 19 year old. I doubt I'd last a day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Paul & Nan

We tried it last year at their Campbellsville, KY center. Never again!! It would kill a young person, so you know what it does to us old people. We lasted 2 months, but............It did take time to recover. Nan

wdk450

Just to be fair, everyone reading this should know that these Amazon fulfillment centers are run by a 3rd party company that contracts with Amazon.

olcoon

We thought about Amazon, but decided against it, because it "appeared" I/we wouldn't be up to it. I've heard a lot of stories on both sides. From what I gleaned from all of the stories I've heard it really depends on the management...like most other places.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I've been following the blog of a couple that I know that are working for Amazon in Coffeeville Kansas. You can read it for yourself, but they are talking about "getting" VTO (Voluntary Time Off) that is of course, without pay.... and most recently a delivery truck that had some rat poison that had been spilled inside and not cleaned up. I was not too interested in working there because of the physical requirements-walking, lifting, etc. but with this newest information, there is NO WAY! I will work there now.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Jay,
We had an acquaintance work at the Coffeeville location and they said it was pretty brutal. Trace

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
If you are looking for a great job to work at your own pace, travel, stay for free (sounds to good to be true), well it isn't. PM me for more info.

rumaco

US Army Retired (CW4)
ABSOLUTELY INCORRECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! These are true 100% Amazon.com centers............who ever told you that is dead wrong!!!!!!!!!!

rumaco

US Army Retired (CW4)
I love the responses **** from those that have never been there or done it! Go there one time and you will see what **** is really like. **** Amazon fullfillment centers are 100% Amazon....there are NO 3rd party reps....there are no other companies there! ****.

Last edited by a moderator:

danemayer

Thanks to everyone for their posts on this thread. Looks like its run its course, so I've closed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.