Bedroom slide headboard shelf / storage ?

fishn2dmax

Has anyone installed a small shelf above the headboard area? I'm at that age, I'm beginning to need reading glasses and it would be nice to have a spot above the bed for my glasses and a book or two. As I look at the windows on either side of the bed, it would be hard to instal anything on the window sides, but it looks as though one could install a small shelf up above the head / pillow area? Has anyone done this and can advise as to the size that works best for not hitting your head on it?
Thanks!

Last edited:

nhunter

Our early 3600RL has a small shelf on the "front" side under the window and the "rear" side has a night table. The shelf is about 4" wide and 12" long. The wife has never hit her head on it. Works good for a glass of water and a book. This was a factory thing.

Sundance_kid

Hi fishn2dmax, great minds run in the same channel. The DW wants one also, how is the double towing going? See ya

fishn2dmax

Hey Kid,

I found a small oak spice rack / shelves at camping world that work perfect for a book and my reading glasses ( Gee that sounds like I'm old). :eek: I mounted one on my DW's side above the headboard area and one on my side.

We've made 4 trips now pulling double. Twice with the boat and twice with the 4 wheelers. With the boat, I measured out at 68' in total length and with the 4 wheelers, I'm at 64'. Luckily when I pull the boat it is usually on my way to Wyoming (70' legal) or remote roads in Utah (65' legal) to Lake Powell LOL. :) I can't believe how nice the Sundance pulls compared to my previous 5'er. I can hardly tell my second trailer is back there. At times, I find myself looking in my rear camera monitor and mirrors to believe it's still back there. :D

Two Hands

We had to have the king size bed, but, like you, I really missed a night stand on which to put my glasses and book before going to sleep. I solved the problem with a small "sofa server" table from Camping World which is designed for the bottom to slide under the sofa. We use it as such during the day and at night move it to my side of the bed where the bottom slides under the bed. We store it along with our small livingroom stand on the floor of the front closet during travel.

Sundance_kid

Glad to hear the double towing is going good. Your right as to how good the Sundance pulls, I love it.
Happy trails

Sundance_kid

fishn2dmax, got the spice rack today, thanks for the heads up. I just leave my reading glass down by the recliner, not that I need them they just make me look mature, cause when I go to bed My little blues don't stay open long, Heh Heh!

charliehorse

over bed small shelf

Hobby Lobby & Michael's each carry a small 4"x23", unfinished pine "what-not-shelf" ( 'bout $15.00) which fits & works great for glasses, kleenex & paperback book. Mounts easy & 2 coats of minwax "golden oak" and you are in business