ATF: Big Country - Remote control key Fob problem

ufda

The remote fob for our 2013 BC has a blank LCD screen. it was working fine for about a day then the screen went blank, the flashlight still works but I have no access to the other functions, just a yellow screen.

How do I retrieve the LCD screen?
Thanks

B

bwwalczak

The most likely answer is that the contrast was changed inadvertently. This is the most likely answer - if the batteries still have power.

Contrast is one of the last options when scrolling through the functions.

If this does not work, please contact Heartland service for instructions on obtaining and marrying a new remote to the brain. 574-266-8726.

ufda

Ok if contrast is the issue, how do I scroll through the options when I cannot see them?

My screen is yellow, I need to know the key strokes required to access the contrast page.

(1) Turn on: Select + Up
(2) how many up or down arrow key presses gets one to the contrast page?
(3) what are the key strokes to get the contrast darkened?

Thanks

Philip

Hi Ufda,

I should make it clear I am not from the factory, but this may help you.

I assume your remote is the same as my 2012 BC.

(2) Six presses on the SEL button only to get to Contrast.

(3) Press the Up Arrow key to darken the contrast. The more times you push the Up Arrow key the darker it gets.

Good luck!

Philip

Last edited:

ufda

Phillip - thanks but that did not work either. I turned the remote on, pushed Sel + Up, then Sel 6 times no go. So, I started over and tried all possibilities but did not get to contrast, perhaps our remotes are not similar.

I can turn on the scare lights, just can't see any options on the LCD screen.

Hopefully someone from the factory will chime in again, or last resort will be to get new remote and program it as Bryan has suggested.
Thanks for trying !!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Have you tried a new battery? Or batteries.
Or at least removing the existing battery to 'reboot' the fob?
If all fails, contact customer service for a replacement as recommended by Bryan Walczak.
Heartland Customer Service
877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030

Peace
Dave

ufda

Dave you are the MAN!

After removing the battery and re-assembling the remote the remote came alive again.

Thank you for your help sir!!
Don