cable tough to pull

I have a 2012 Landmark Rushmore 5th wheel, each time a go to dump my black tank the cable gets harder to pull the valve open each time. What can I do before the cable breaks from the valve?

wdk450

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I take lithium spray grease with a straw engaged and spray a little down into the hole along the cables in the UDC periodically.
It seems that when I engage and remove the fresh and black tank flush hoses, quite often a little water will drip down on the valve cables causing a bit of corrosion at the T handles. This seems to help. Bill's cable lube gizmo would probably work better. I have just never gotten around to getting one.

I agree with westxsrt10, I also use Dawn and Calgon in my tanks. Trace

wdk450

I have a 2012 Landmark Rushmore 5th wheel, each time a go to dump my black tank the cable gets harder to pull the valve open each time. What can I do before the cable breaks from the valve?

I was curious about this especially after reading on motorcycle forums that there are 2 types of actuator cable assemblies: plastic lined and unlined (metal to metal inside). The plastic lined ones need no lubrication. I e-mailed Valterra about this and got the following reply:

Hi William,

You can use silicone spray lubricant. The cable wire is metal not plastic.

Belinda Garcia
Customer Service
Valterra Products

nscaler2

I use 2 cups of any cooking oil in the tank about every 3 weeks. We full-time about 5 months a year. Keeps the valves working smooth.

Birchwood

My RV repairman told me to pour canola oil down the flush and thats what I do when the valve is sticky
but thats not often.

aatauses

All of the above suggestions should work for you. In addition, sometime when you have the belly pans off, right where the cable goes into the valve is a small piston type valve---put a drop or two of some type of lubricant--silicone, grease, light oil, etc--this should take care of the problem.
al