Trying a set of Maxxis ST 205/74/R14s on the Edge for 2013

evolvingpowercat

I am replacing the original 2010-2011 vintage Towmax ST tires on my edge with a set of Maxxis 6 ply M8008s this winter. Got them online shipping included for $ 108 each. Were about $ 6 more each than my local Sams Club sells the same size Goodyear Marathons for. Could not find anything to fit my Edge that was US made, the Maxxis are made in Thailand.

I had not had any troubles with the original Towmax but bought my Edge used so thought better safe than sorry before long trips next year. But on the Edge the saftey margin of rated load vs. trailer weight is over 25% which seems to be a bigger tire sizing margin than on some of the other trailer models.

It appeared that those who have Maxxis were happy and thought they were worth the small extra cost compared to the others.

found them at shop.maxxistrailertires.com

Last edited:

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We've had our Maxxis tires on the ground for 16 months, 14K miles, still look very good!!

Gaffer

You dodged a bullet not buying the Marathons. Maxxis is a quality product. Keep the air where it should be and you should have piece of mind.