Light in Switch Panel

Raquel

We just picked up our 2013 San Antonio this past weekend and we LOVE it! Something that would be really nice though is a light in the switch panel at the stairs. Perhaps a small LED with a switch that turns on the light when the door is opened?

Sumo

Re: Light

Do you mean a door activated switch like you would find in a fridge? That would be way COOL.

ncc1701e

I saw the post and had to respond as just this week I finished a very similar project. In the last month, we have traded campers. On our shakedown cruise it was very apparent that the hallway was way to dark for the wife at night. There was not a good location to just plug in a night light so this was my solution.

LED B.JPG LED D.JPG The first picture shows a light switch right under the hand rail and three (3) small black dots along the wall just above the steps. In the second shot, the black dots are more white (turned on). What i used was three automotive (12v) single led's used to light various panels or instruments in many custom auto applications. I bought a set of four individual led's for $15.00 from my local auto/custom accessory dealer. Installed a switch for the led's and wired the whole thing to a spare fuse in the man control panel (which worked out to be just left of the bottom step). At night the three led's are bright and light the steps nicely. Our entrance door is just to the right of the steps and these lights make a nice little set of lights to leave on when arriving back after dark. Not a fancy as a switch activated by the door, but works pretty good for lighting the area.

Tom

Raquel

Maybe, given enough time, we'll learn the positiion of certain switches but, having to turn on the shower area light to see the switches in the box so we can turn on a different light is a pain. The control panel in the sleeper of our truck has a hooded light with a switch in the upper left corner. The switch is easily found and the other switches can easily be seen from the small amount of light.

rick_debbie_gallant

How about some of these motion activated, battery operated LED puck lights? (i.e. Why re-invent the wheel?) :
http://buymightylight.com/?gclid=CPOw_KrTpLECFeUaQgodO0tJjg

I put up some made by the Philips corp. they work great, and are stuck on with magnets. They can double as flashlights etc. they are bright, come on by themselves and off. Or can be set for stay on. We have one on our bottom step on the outside metal steps. One by the hallway/stairs and one outside by the door. Best thing ever!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk