2013 Cyclone 4100 King satelite dish connections bad

We had a 2012 Heartland RV and got a larger size with the 2013 Cyclone, we tried to connect our satelite to all the ports marked satelite and cannot get any connection, however if we run it through the window and connect directly, no problem. It seems to be an ongoing problem and has been for several years and according to all the dealerships we have called trying to get some help, this is what they tell us. Why doesn't heartland fix the problem?
:mad:

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
lindaray56, I can certainly understand how you feel. Sad to say, you are correct about the coax connections being an ongoing problem. It should be an easy fix for your dealer but you're right, this has been an ongoing issue and I'm really surprised that it continues.
Quite a few owners have been able to find the faulty connections and replaced them without having to take the rig to the dealer. Hopefully once you get this resolved you can start enjoying your Cyclone.
Texas has a lot going on with Heartland Rallies north and south. Consider attending a rally to meet other owners and you'll find out Heartland is really a good outfit. Welcome to the Forum.

Vtxkid

I'm with you on this... found 3 faulty RG6 connectors throughout our RV myself... where is the QA on this!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

scottyb

I had the same problem on my 4100. Fortunately / unfortunately, my transfer switch quit working 2 days after I picked it up, so I had the dealer repair the cables.

Unrelated but since you have a 4100, have you lowered the bunk / table in your garage and opened the little support legs onder the bench seats. Mine and others were about 3" too short to reach the floor. They ordered new ones but they have not yet come in.

These little things are irritating, but you will get them worked out and will greatly enjoy your new rig. We have just begun.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Does the Cyclone have the pre-wired roof satellite connections? On our Landmark there are four satellite connectors at the top of the UDC. Two of these are for the pre-wired cable coming from the roof. The other two go to the living room and bedroom respecfully. On ours, the very left connector goes to the living room. That would be the one you would need to connect the cable coming from your dish to. There's also a diagram on the Cargo door that shows the connectior setup. Of course, if you don't have this setup, then this won't work.

frumbawa

I don't have a 4100 but on my 3612, satellite did not work either when I first got it. I have two sat. inputs in the UDC, which I assumed one was for living room and the other the bedroom. Neither connection worked in either location. Pulled the basement wall to get behind the UDC and it turned out the factory put a splitter on one of the connections and the other actually fed the DS basement connecter. So after removing the splitter, I was able to get the living room feed to work but no luck in the bedroom. I pulled the connector plate in the bedroom and no cable attached to what was supposed to be the bedroom sat. connection. Turns out the extra cable from the splitter in the UDC is for roof prewire. Unfortunately no direct sat. feed to the bedroom. I called Heartland and they confirmed this.

Frank

AJJONES

Senior GM for Cyclone, Torque, Gateway & Sundance
The Cyclone's are only pre-wired for the main living room TV. We prep them in the UDC center as well as the roof. As for all of the examples of failed connections, I am immediately planning a meeting with our production team to get to the bottom of it and make sure it is resolved. I am certain that any future issues are resolved in the recent change in RG6 connections that we have just switched to. The old style of cable we used required a crimped on connection as opposed to the new style that is the twist on connection. The twist on application is a better connection, and should eliminate any future failures. Sorry for any inconvenience for which you have all had, but rest assured that we are on top of it. Thanks to everyone for your input.

Vtxkid

Cyclones are also pre wired for the DS basement along with the living room as mentioned above. I am getting ready to figure out how best to run a sat cable to our Cyclone 3010 bedroom also!

Bksvo

The dish rep told me the signal will not tolerate any splitters before it gets to the reciever box. The coax diagram is located here http://manuals.heartlandowners.org/..._Brands/CY-RW_Coax_Wiring_Layout_08-05-08.pdf.

As you can see on the diagram, there is nowhere the cable isn't split. On mine, the cable's were installed backwards at the UDC also. The way I attacked this was to disconnect the splitter to the basement to get a direct feed to the living room -- have had no need for tv in the basement at this point. I also disconnected the cable input into the antenna amp and installed it directly into a 2 coax faceplate (that I installed next to the existing faceplate in the badroom) to get direct feed into the bedroom. On the backside of that faceplate I installed a short run to the antenna amp from the other position. If I am hooked to cable, I have a 6" pigtail to loop the two male ends together to get cable throughout the camper.

Probably sounds more complicated than it is, but it works.

Vtxkid

Directv SWM Technology is allowed to use SWM splitters in line when needed and I do like your idea on how to get a satellite signal to the bedroom.

frumbawa

I also disconnected the cable input into the antenna amp and installed it directly into a 2 coax faceplate (that I installed next to the existing faceplate in the badroom) to get direct feed into the bedroom. On the backside of that faceplate I installed a short run to the antenna amp from the other position. If I am hooked to cable, I have a 6" pigtail to loop the two male ends together to get cable throughout the camper.
Thanks Bksvo. Since I can't tell you the last time I've been to a CG that actually has cable, I think this may be the answer.