Mounting a Winegard SK 3005 Satellite Antenna

Gary_dub

I have a 2010 3055RL Big Horn. I'm concerned about the roof strength to support the 3005 antenna. My unit doesn't have the flush mounted plywood in the roof. I rdered the Winegard mounting plate to help reinforse the installation. Has anyone got any advice or comments?

jimtoo

Hi Gary,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I have a small crankup on my 3055,,,but it is not as heavy as what your thinking of installing. They do have 2 cables in the ceiling for satellite dish installation. I would suggest you have your VIN and call Heartland Customer Service and ask their opinion. 574-262-8030, or 877-262-8032. Let us know what you do.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
Gary,

The larger mounting plate you plan on installing will make a more stable installation. If you have any additional questions about Winegard products do not hesitate to call Wingard and talk to their tech people they are very knowledgeable and helpful.

Gary_dub

Thanks to you all. I've spoken with David Hilliker, the customer service rep for my area, from Heartland. He's sent me roof diagrams and in general been very helpful. It boils down to the fact that under my rubber roof is a 1/8' sheet of luan and laminated insulation and interior finish. He's trying send me the ceiling joist plans and associated ducting which I haven't seen yet. I've also contacted Winegard but am playing telephone tag with their rep. The main question I have is whether mounting plate, the luan and appropriate bonding agents will be sufficient to support the antenna during travel and while extended for use. Thanks again, Gary

donr827

I have has the same dish on my 3055RL since I took possession in April of this year. I have had no problems so far. When raising and lowering the dish it sounds solid.
Don

jbeletti

Gary,

I have the Winegard automatic HD dish on the roof of my 2012 Landmark with the laminated roof. Not sure if any special precautions were taken during install, but mine is still up there and I've pulled the RV around 15,000 miles this year.

Jim