Where should I buy my new toy...Heartland owner gonna be

nitro943

Hi folks excited to hear any info you guys will provide. I have been rving now for many years and plan to continue my travels in a brand spanking new Heartland 29KSS. I have a wife and son and will be adventuring around the VA beach/West Va mountain area. Any suggestions on a great experience you or another person have had? HELP point me in the right direction...I will travel up to 400 miles or so to make the deal. thanks ahead :)

jimtoo

Hi nitro943,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and soon to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure you will get several answers from our folks that live in your area soon.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

jbeletti

Hi nitro,

Welcome to the forum. I'm not familiar with the floor plan you mentioned. Is that a North Trail travel trailer?

In any event, I suggest you call our corporate office on Monday at 574-262-5992. Ask for the product team for the brand you like. Tell them where you live and ask for some ideas for a couple of dealerships to check out.

Another idea and something you an do this weekend is to use the dealer locator on the Heartland product website. Here's a link:
http://heartlandrvs.com/index.php?p=63

Hope to have you as a Heartland family member soon and later, a Heartland Owners Club member.

Jim

BigDaddy

Founding Alabama Chapter Leaders-Retired
We bought a new Landmark Key Largo at Camping World in Calera, Alabama. It's about 750 miles from Virginia Beach, but still might be worth a look. Ask for Joe Joesephson. We wanted to order one with the options we wanted and I got prices from the top discount dealers; RV Capital, Lazydays, and RVsforless - and Joe beat their lowest quote by $1,000. They ordered it and it was delivered in 5 weeks. Couldn't be happier!! Good luck!

GOTTOYS

Wherever you get the best price. Forget about their service department. I bought locally and the service wasn't very good. I could have saved a little more money if I had bought elsewhere. If you need any major warranty repairs Heartland will help you find someone to do it. If it needs minor warranty repairs Heartland will send you the parts and you can fix it yourself. No waiting, no poor workmanship, no excuses...JMHO..Don

kowAlski631

Go to McGeorge's in Ashland VA & ask for Joe Silva. He's knows the Heartland products well. We ordered from him just this year in August & took delivery in October.

TheLindsays

General Rv in Jacksonville.. ask for Barbara... they have several locations and if they have one listed on sale at another location they will ship to their store for free... very nice and good prices.. very professional.. we bought ours after seeing it on the internet on sale and no one local could beat their price.. so we made it a road trip..

Westwind

I would say pick 3 or 4 recommended dealers and work on a good price. I was willing to travel from RI to NC, Michigan, and ended up going to Maine which was about 240 miles from home. In the year or so we have had our 2012 Bighorn I have looked to see many times if my deal was a good one and only once have I found a better price.
I figure we did 25% or if you figure it a little differently 30% off the Heartland published MSRP, which you can get on this web site.
Good luck you are going to love your new RV no matter what one you get.

Wharton

We bought ours from Chesapeake Rv Solutions in Chesapeake, VA. Great owner and service. Can't s ay anything negative about them. Great pricing also. We had done an email query of 4 different Heartland suppliers and they were the only ones that followed thru. If you want more info let me know and I will PM you.

JanAndBill

We just traded for a new rig and decided on 3 reputable dealers to work with. To many in the mix makes it confusing. We stayed within about a 100 mile radius, not so much because we wanted to buy local but because we wanted to do a lot of look and touch. We found that floorplans and models that looked good in the brochure were lacking in real life. We also learned the hard way that saving a little at the expense of settling for something that doesn't really meet your needs is a bad mistake. For us the independent dealers that we worked with seemed more interested in our needs than in closing the sale, which allowed us to concentrate on what "we" wanted. The Camping World locations we tried were to much on the pushy side. They must send all their salespeople through the same sales 101 course.

aatauses

You will enjoy your new purchase and the HL organization is tops for customer service. Not sure if you are in a hurry, but you may want to consider going to an rv show in your area and chatting with sales, especially if they have a floor/display model you like.
al

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Nitro943,

The Best thing you can do for yourself is drive very few miles, down to Chesapeake RV Solutions on South Battlefield Blvd. Tim & Jackie Loen, the owners of RV Solutions are great people and will bend over backwards not only to get you into the Heartland rig you want, but to keep you happy in it once you "drive it off the lot." Their prices are equal if not better than all the "big" RV discount places and I know for sure you'll love the service you get once you own one. You owe it to yourselves to check them out. I know you will not be disappointed, and they are so close to you.

We totally second the idea of purchasing at Chesapeake RV Solutions....cannot beat the staff at this place, always there to help and they go out of their way to make sure you get what you want or need. We bought our North Trail there and we already know when we upgrade, it will be with them. Go see Ben and he'll get you a great deal

JJnVA

Chesapeake RV Solutions (in Chesapeake, VA) really was good to us in 2010 when we bought our 2011 Bighorn 3610 RE. Great price and entire staff very accommodating. The owner, Tim, is hands on with all of his customers. Highly recommend this dealership!

beasleyrl

Another for RV Outlet in Ringgold/Danville, VA. Great buying experience and also have stood by it with the service. Prior to our Heartland, we bought another brand from McGeorges. I will personally never walk back in their doors. If you would like specifics, PM me and I can provide more details.