Quailty control in factory

elwaller39

Evans & Lana
We just got our 3400 BigHorn home yesterday!! Thanks to Thompson RV dealship and myself, there was way too many things was damaged or was not sent with the coach from the factory. It would look like that the quailty control there at BigHorn needs to shape up some!! The coach it self is at wonderful looking and constucted well coach. The factory needs to just take time to send out a well finished coach with out having the dealership do all the work that the factory should have done. We have a damage door to the bath/bed room, damaged carpet in a slide out damage carpet in the basement, fireplace window has too big gap on one side, fiberglaas flaws on a number of places, did not plug some of the holes where wires come through, and some things we ordered for the coach did not come with the coach. I would say some one is not doing thier job to well!!
With that said the coach is wonderful with all kinds of storage. Just improve the end results!! Evans & Lana

jbeletti

Hi Evans and Lana,

Congratulations on your new arrival - very exciting I am sure! I know when I picked up my coach, you'd have to smack me pretty hard to get that grin off my face.

That said, from what I read and people I have spoken with, it would seem that many RV manufacturers do heavily rely on their dealer network to do whatever it takes to the coach to get it prepped right for delivery.

We all know that this includes inspecting the entire coach carefully and testing all systems, then cleaning, touching up and fixing as needed.

Sort of tough for them to add items that are missing from the factory order before you pick the coach up unless they can temporarily rob an item from another coach.

I trust that between your dealer and the factory, that your coach will be made right. Accept no less from both.

Enjoy your new baby and please keep us updated with your level of satisifaction as things progress and by all means, post those brag pictures when you get a chance.

Happy trails,

Jim

S

Scott

Working Hard

Friends, Folks, Heartland Owners, Prospective Heartland Owners, and those who just like to sit around on their computers and talk because they can...

Some of you have mentioned that I needed to "get out" of the Ask the Factory Section and monitor these other discussions, so here I am. I want you to know that while we are human here at Heartland, you can always be sure of one thing, we do CARE about our owners. We don't ever want a screw to be missed and end up coming out of your vent, but it does happen. I know it grinds you when you have to deal with less than perfect workmanship. Believe it or not, it grinds us too.
And YES, we continue to strive to eliminate any defects or problem areas that are identified in our coaches. When I recieve photos of issues you as owners have identified, I take them to the quality meetings and share them with the production leaders and inspectors. I can assure you that we will not settle for pretty good or better than most quality. We want ALL of our owners to have absoultely trouble-free camping experiences. And though a lot of you have had great experiences with Heartland fifth wheels, obviously, some of you have not. While we can't go back in time and double check the torque used on a specific screw that holds a hinge in place - even though it worked fine during it's walk-through here and at the dealership - the fact is, that when it fell down in a particular owner's coach, that owner has the right to feel that he was slighted.
So then what do we do? At Heartland, we stand up and take the tongue lashing we deserve, we apologize for the inconvenience, we admit to the error, we repair the problem, we learn from it and we move forward doing our best to never repeat the error again.
I continue to remain very positive about where we are as a company and where we are going. Every day I recieve untold emails and phone calls from people who have just discovered the Heartland product and they are excited about what they see. Just about every day now, I enjoy the privilege of taking someone through our production line who has also gone on other plant tours (competitors) and we get first hand updates on how we are stacking up against the compeition. I'm telling you, we are looking pretty good. We incorporate a very solid construction underneath all of the luxurious interiors in our coaches and as we continue to improve in the area of fit and finish, I remain very optimistic about our future.
By the way, Trailer Life and Lifestyles (Canada's number one towable magazine) have both just printed reviews of our Bighorn fifth wheel and both articles were VERY POSITIVE. They will be reviewing the Landmark soon and reporting on that.
FYI
Thanks for taking the time to read this.

ST
One of the partners here at Heartland

Cheryl

I'm on summer break from my job:p. Too much time on my hands, so I read everything here.