Puzzled by coax cable in refrigerator access.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
I thought I had found the routing of the coax for the TV in the rear bunk area and the coax from the rear to the front. Both of these seem to run the length of chasis underneath on the ODS. I am puzzled now as I discovered a coax cable with a barrel connection in the outside access to the back of the refridgerator. The access is on the door side. the cable appears to run from top to bottom but only about a foot of cable with the connectors was visible when I pulled back a bit of insulation.

the front TV jack, antenna and amplifier are in the center, front quarter of my trailer, this barrel connection and refrigerator are on the door side about middle of the trailer. The rear jack and cable tv input jack are on the rear wall(s) of the trailer.

I have a 2010 North trail 31BDSS

ZNK

Silverado,

My outdoor kitchen has a TV... does yours not have a TV? This is what that is for as far as I can understand from the way you described it on your post.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
No there is not an outdoor kitchen nor an outdoor tv. When it warms up more I will try to trace the wires out. I will also try to get some photos of the area too. The outside access panel is to the back of the indoor refrigerator.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Stupid question, but are you sure it is a TV cable? Could it be the power cord for the refer? Just a though.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
it is definately coax rg-6 cable.
i
It looks like it may be a loop from the ceiling down and back up possibly to make it easy to add an outlet for an outside tv. I did not hafe by coax signal tracer when I looked at it a bit more yesterday.

Garypowell

Is it possible that this is the wire for a future satellite system to be mounted on your roof? I am not familiar with your model but I think it is fairly standard for this wire to be installed standard.