Watch for this bridge in North Carolina

porthole

Retired
Not really the "toughest bridge" as described in the opening scenes. There is a steel "A-Frme" installed in front of the bridge to protect the bridge itself. After numerous collisions someone cam up with the idea for the slicer.

SGeohagan

Last one was a Laredo. Told DH to turn once and came upon something similar. Good thing he can do a 3 point turn.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
been under that bridge several times. Son used to live in Durham and he has some leuleu of some tells about that bridge.

Sandpirate69

What's scary about that video clip is that many times were are so preoccupied with road or making sure we're headed in the right direction, that we don't pay attention to the height signs. WOW

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
I am working on learning to say the height of each bridge (that I see) out load. That way it will be kinda like nature that I will be able to catch one that is less than I need. Not sure if it will work but at least its a start.

Wharton

We downloaded low bridge poi to our Garmin and have it signal us within 2 miles of a low clearance. Gets confused once in a while when we are on the overpass of a low bridge but that is better than no warning at all.