Just purchased a 2011 cyclone 3950 hd

TD495T

Hi we just purchased a used 2011 Cyclone 3950 HD and was wondering the best procedure to winterize it, my old toyhauler had a area we you could get to the water heater bypass then i would just use the pump to run antifreeze through the system and drain all tanks. Also I have seen some pictures of cyclones that have a love seat with recliners in it beside the refregerator ours just came with a chair wondering where I could buy the love seat.

Thanks Wade

danemayer

Hi Wade,

Congrats on your Cyclone and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. Good to have another Texan joining in on the fun. That's 2 in the last hour - woohoo!

I'm not familiar with the Cyclone layout, but there are a bunch of helpful Cyclone owners on the forum and I'm guessing you'll get some answers before too long on both winterizing and on the love seat.

scottyb

Wade, congrats on your purchase. Not sure what part of Texas you are in, since Texas has a huge spread of climates. I just winterized mine today here in S Central Texas. I blew all the lines out with air and poured antifreeze in all the toilets and p-traps. Not much of a freeze issue here in an average year.

I am also interested in exchanging my full sofa for a small dinette and two recliners. Hope you find what you are lookinbg for.

Owenfamily

Hello Wade

I'm in the north Texas area and I blow out mine lines, add a little antifreeze and drain the water heater for the time being until I get time to redo the plumbing and add my two new bypass valves. I don't really put much effort into going all out in because we use ours in the winter time. I know it gets below freezing for a few hours a night but the temps usually creep right back up.

David

porthole

Retired
Wade, welcome.

Find your water heater on the side of the trailer.
In the front basement look at the rear wall. Could be a couple of sections, each screwed on. The section closest to the water heater - remove the four screws and near the back of the water heater you will find 3 valves to bypass it.

I use this hose and my oil-less compressor to blow out all the lines.
http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/blow-out-hose/38534

After that I run antifreeze through the system.
There is a hose that is fairly well hidden near the docking station that you can place in an antifreeze jug or bucket. There is also a "winterizng valve" in the docking station that switches the pump intake from tank to that hose.

I use a 5 gallon bucket and fill it up with the RV antifreeze.

Have the optional washer dryer combo?

That requires running a small load cycle to run antifreeze through the washing machine. Just don't forget to run a load or two in the spring to clean it out.