Shower Light in Bath Tub Cyclone 4100

StoneyHG

We've had the Cyclone for less than two months and I've had to change out the bulb three time, the last with a $10 LED bulb. Yes, I use gloves to change out the halogen bulbs. Anyone else have this problem or a solution?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Re: ShowerLight in Bath Tub Cyclone 4100

If the OEM bulb was halogen, they burn hot and, in my opinion, do not last very long.
I have also found that at times when I thought that there was a burned out light it turns out that the bulb just needed to be re seated in its base.
Halogen replacements can be found on ebay for around $10 per dozen.
If your LED bulb goes out, check the base.

Peace
Dave

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter

A loose conection in the base will cause this issue as Dave stated. Drawing toooo many amps.

StoneyHG

A service manager told me that its probably because of the moisture over the tub. I've checked the wires and they seem fine. I'm wondering if anyone else with a light over a tub has had this problem.

alaska dodge

I have had no issues with the bulb in my 4100. Check that the ground is good, if you have a bad ground you will burn through bulbs like crazy.

bill

scottyb

No problems so far. I assume you are getting the proper voltage to the fixture? Maybe they just need to give you a new fixture to replce it.