Greystone Fireplace

stevebotts

We have a 2013 Big Horn 3685. It has a Greystone fireplace under the TV. The glass is terribly dirty on the inside. I am trying to figure out how to get the glass out. I BELIEVE I have to remove the fake wood trim around the fireplace, but want to know if anyone has done this before I pull off a trim piece I can't get back on. Thanks.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I have removed mine.
Yes you will have to remove the trim.
It is nailed on so caution must be used when prying it off.
Use a casement removal pry bar. They can be found at a store such as Home Depot.
Once the trim is off, there will be four screws holding the fireplace in place. One at each corner.
The fireplace can then be removed and the glass taken out by removing a few more screws.

Peace
Dave

aatauses

We have a 2010 BH and I looked in the owners manual to see how to do this. It stated that there were several "pins" in the molding and to gently pry it off to get at the holding screws---I was concerned that it might crack so have not tried it yet. However, someone said that the later models did not use "pins" and the molding can come off quite easily---check to see if you have an updated owners manual.
al

dalspot

We pulled ours off with no problem, put it back and you can't tell it was off. There are finishing nails holding our trim on. I was concerned about the thin bead of caulk at the top, but it came loose and didn't damage the wood. Ours came off in one piece. We eventually want to replace the Greystone fireplace with something better, so we took the entire cabinet apart to see what we could do.

We have a 2013 Big Horn 3685. It has a Greystone fireplace under the TV. The glass is terribly dirty on the inside. I am trying to figure out how to get the glass out. I BELIEVE I have to remove the fake wood trim around the fireplace, but want to know if anyone has done this before I pull off a trim piece I can't get back on. Thanks.