Illustrated Guide to Audio Connections between the TV and Surround Sound System

danemayer

If you've been trying to figure out how to connect your TV to the Surround Sound so you hear the TV audio through the Surround Sound speakers, here's the answer. I've posted an illustrated guide to the Heartland Owners Manuals section of the forum. It covers the various types of connectors and cables, so you can find a solution for the equipment in your rig. The document includes live links to a low cost source for each of the cables or converters mentioned.

Here's the Link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gizzy

Dan,
I couldn't get the link to open. Might be my lack of computer skills, but it would not open. Any advice. I would sure like to see what it shows.

Thanx,

Jerry

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Nice job, Dan. Downloaded it into the Manuals/Instructions folder I created on my hard drive for things RV. Sometimes it's easier to access info there, rather than getting online.

Gizzy

Thanks Jim for "fixin" it. Thanks Dan for the info. Exactly what I was looking for.

Jerry

jimtoo

Let's see... rallies coming up...yep.. :p For watching after this place,,:cool:, I will expect prepaid A+ sites..;). lots of free food.:eek:.lots of ice cold drinks..:eek:.someone to dump for me when ready to leave..:angel:.

Jim M

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Let's see... rallies coming up...yep.. :p For watching after this place,,:cool:, I will expect prepaid A+ sites..;). lots of free food.:eek:.lots of ice cold drinks..:eek:.someone to dump for me when ready to leave..:angel:.

Jim M

I'm sure folks are lining up as I write this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Dan I have been trying to get this to work. Without any luck. Can I get you to maybe take a look at it at some time in the future. I am wondering if maybe I have a bad cable. This is the way I am trying to make it work.

Digital Optical Audio OUTPUT to Digital Audio COAX INPUT

danemayer

Dan I have been trying to get this to work. Without any luck. Can I get you to maybe take a look at it at some time in the future. I am wondering if maybe I have a bad cable. This is the way I am trying to make it work.

Digital Optical Audio OUTPUT to Digital Audio COAX INPUT

I'm not 100% certain, but I think it takes a converter like pictured on page 8 to bridge the optical signal types. I'm actually surprised that you have a cable that bridges the two types.

We'll be at the Feb, Mar, Apr rallies in Texas and of course Goshen in June. Be glad to take a look.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Thanks Dan, I do have the converter that converts the Digital Audio Out to the Optical. Just not sure whats up with it.

danemayer

If its the same one I referenced, the adapter is marked as coax IN, optical OUT. I don't know if it works in the other direction.

Also, sometimes the TV audio menu has to enable audio out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD