Truck Bed Liner Question

CeeCee

We are going to put a spray bed liner in our truck. I was wondering what your opinions are Rhino vs. Line X ?? Thanks

truknutt

Committed Member
Visit both and check out the thickness they offer, skid resistance offered, any discounts they offer, etc. I've had Line-X on both so far. Thickness was comparable, my Line-X dealer was able to provide additional skid resistance and they offered a major Military Discount.

Each Rhino & Line-X dealership is a franchise so they are, in effect, their own boss to some degree. If you ask the right questions and they want your business they can be very accomodating.

Good luck.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I have Line-X and I could never tell the difference. So far the Line-X has wore like iron. The spray in liners turn white from soap when washing your truck. You need to make sure you rinse it well after a wash. My Line-X guy told me that they can spray a product on it to bring back the shine.

Sandpirate69

I have line x and I payed afew bucs more and it was sparayed with something that keeps the shine. Great stuff.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

olcoon

On my last 2 trucks I've had Rhino Lining. Loved it in the 1st truck. Bought it before we got the 5er, & had a camper shell on the bed. I loved it, nothing slid around in the back & the bed was protected. Had Rhino Lining put on our current truck, purchaced after the 5er. They now have 2 levels of Rhino Lining. The "old" type is thick & sort of rubbery, that's what I've got & had on the last truck. The "new" type is thinner & seems more like the LineX lining, but seems a bit more rubbery, and I think would at least slow down the sliding of stuff in the bed. I was told the "new" type of Rhino Lining was more of an industrial type of lining. I'm kind of wishing that I'd have let the dealer put the "new" type of lining on the new truck, because in the time we've had the truck (it's a 2011) there are a few "chips" in the lining, where something has gouged out some small holes in the lining that I'm going to have to get fixed.

CeeCee

Thanks everyone for all the good advise. It's been a great help as always. Now we just need to shop around. Sounds like either one would be good.

jnbhobe

I have had both and like the Rhino-liner better than Line X, I have the Ford factory lining now, its like Line-X but no where near as good.

mobilcastle

I have Rhino and I like it but I have never had LineX. I think they probably are similar. I am sure either one would be better than nothing.

lwmcguir

We always have Woodhouse Ford in Blair, NE, install the liner prior to picking up or having the trucks delivered. Not sure what they use but it is great and always last with no issues.

goldenbetty

goldenbetty
We have had both. In my opinion, I think Line-X is holding up better as far has the shine and true black color.. Overall, both good products and perform well.

aatauses

We have line x and are very happy with it. One thing you may consider that I saw on a truck that I thought was a good idea (saw it after we had ours done). They took out the fifth wheel rails and had them sprayed separately and then reinstalled--great looking set up
al

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
I have the Line-X and I like it very much. Seems to hold shine better but it is your preference, shine or dull, finishes. Love the lifetime waranty.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We have the Line-X. Like the warranty and the local guys have been great on touch-ups.

noobee

Regarding Line-X Warranty:
We had our Line-X installed in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. A year & a half later, we brought the pickup to the Line-X dealer in Yuma as in a couple of areas we could see the bed through the lining. The Yuma dealer tested the depth of the lining & determined that it was only 30 to 60% of the required depth. The dealer then worked with Line-X corporate to re-do the application under warranty. The dealer worked well into the night & early morning to remove the old lining. Then they totally resprayed.

It was quite visible that the new application was thicker than the old. I was very happy the way Line-X handled the warranty claim & for the work that the Yuma dealer performed. Only cost to me was the fuel driving to the dealer.

Last edited:

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I don't have either but from the trucks I've seen with the Rhino liner, it seems that the surface appears to have "faded". Not as lustrous as it was when new. Our truck has the "Speedliner" and I'm very pleased with it. Applied in 2007 and still looks like new. Check it out HERE

RoadJunkie

I don't have either but from the trucks I've seen with the Rhino liner, it seems that the surface appears to have "faded". Not as lustrous as it was when new. Our truck has the "Speedliner" and I'm very pleased with it. Applied in 2007 and still looks like new. Check it out HERE

I chose the Line-X over a drop-in liner based on my fear of moisture being trapped between the bed and the liner. My Line-x is holding up really well despite gravel being dropped from a front end loader and shoveling the gravel out of the bed. The glossy finish does take a hit if you really use the truck in industrial service.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I have had the Line-X and Rhino Liner and really couldn't tell that much difference. They both held up very well. I have also had off brands that do the job just as well. I would not have a drop-in liners as they tend to warp and allow water intrusion under them. The can also be easily stolen or blow out. I have seen several drop-in liners on the side of the road where they have been lost.