Nail In Tire

Retyred

Looking for some advice in getting a tire fixed. I found that I have a nail in one of my tires. I read some where about having a patch on the inside and a plug put in the hole. I cannot remember where I read this. The tire is fixable as the nail is in the tread area and not near the side wall.

Uncle Rog

My tire guy will not plug a tire, a good patch on the inner side is best. What kind of tires do you have?
How far did you pull it flat, or was it just a slow leaker?

jbeletti

Retyred,

Take a look at the images in post 1 at this thread to see the nail I got and the patch/plug NTB did for me.

Jim

v92c

Texan
We had a nail in a tire over Labor Day weekend. I went to a tire shop, they put a patch on it for $8. I would avoid a plug with these E range tires, they hold too much pressure.

Retyred

Nail inTire

Thanks for your assistance with this problem. When I took the tire off I also found a staple in the tread area. I did have the tire fixed with a patch and plug all in one, fortunately the staple had not done any damage. It could not have been in there very long as it had not worn away. The repair cost me $31 including tax. I will be keeping a close eye on the air pressure. This was a slow leak and the tire never ran flat or over heated in any way. I have Trail America tires on my Grand Canyon.