What is the best portable dish for Directv Genie HR34 receiver?

drdan

I recently purchased a 2013 Big Country 3650 fifth wheel and currently have DirecTV in my home. We plan on using our home receiver with a compatible dish while on the road. The home receiver is a Genie HR34 receiver that utilizes SWM technology. Does anyone have ideas for the best satellite dish for my receiver?

danemayer

Unless the receiver supports multiswitch LNBs or round dishes, you probably need a slimline 3 with swm LNB. I don't think any of the carryouts, or round dishes support swm.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

boatdoc

TV isn't all that important to us so the VIEW CUBE works well with our direct TV reciever. It does'nt do HD but sure is nice and easy to set up.

Vtxkid

I just purchased 2 HR-24 DVR Directv recievers myself (due to the reduced size compared to the HR-20 & 21 we had). Both for home use right now but for the RV too starting this spring. I purchased the slimline 3LNB with SWM after doing a lot of research. I am interested in both HD and DVR's for both me and my wife out on the road as we are looking to fulltime it at least for the short run. The nice thing about the SWM is that it only requires 1 RG-6 cable run from the dish to the RV. From there you can run a separate cable from a SWM splitter to each receiver which gives you 2 feeds. this means you can record while you watch live TV or record 2 different programs along with watching a prerecorded show at the same time. I don't have SWM for the house but it seemed like the smart way to go for the RV for what we want. Any other questions on this set-up, you can PM me... would be glad to answer any questions you might have...

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We also have the SWM system both in the home and in the BC. We had a 5 lnb slimline dish that we used in the camper but had to have the local directv service guy change out the wiring on the dish to the SWM. Now any of our receivers will work.