warranty work

bsnyder32

How long does it take to get parts in for warranty work to be completed. My elkridge has been at the dealer for 5 weeks and every time I call they say they are waiting on something else. Know they are waiting on parts to fix the new ceiling tile they just put in because it is buckling. Since it is winter and I probably will not get to use my unit again until march ( by the way that's when my warranty runs out) will all this stuff I'm getting fixed be covered if it turns out that it was not fixed right or am I SOL!!!

danemayer

Turnaround time on parts varies, depending on what kind of part it is. Routine stuff ships out pretty quickly, but since most vendors use inexpensive shipping which often takes 7-10 days, turnaround once a part is ordered can routinely be 2 weeks.

Some parts, like cabinet doors, have to be custom ordered from the part of the factory that builds them. That can add a week or two.

And of course, the dealer may not have placed the parts order right away. If you want to find out what's going on, call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032. Have your VIN # ready. They can tell you what the dealer has on order from them and what the status of the order is.

Also keep in mind that dealers don't necessarily work on your rig right when you drop it off. If they're busy, it may wait a week or two. Same thing can happen when the parts show up. It may sit until the tech gets to it. You can manage this to a degree by setting expectations when you bring it in. If you need fast turnaround, tell them you're willing to pay for expedited shipping (which can be expensive). But if you do so, also ask them to work on it right away to diagnose, and again to repair.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I've had a dealer tell me they won't start work until all the parts are in. Well, if they forget to order what they need, or start work and realize they need something else, I guess they put the whole thing on back burner?!?

We had to wait for the "delayed" wallpaper border to arrive before they would start on 6 different warranty issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TahoeCamper

Founding Nevada-North Chapter Leader-Retired
Recently needed some warranty work and called HL Cust Serv. Gave then my last 6 of the VIN they recommended a service center. I called the RV dealer and they took my info, said they dealt with HL all the time with no issues. They ordered the parts (40" TV) and two weeks later the dealer called and I took the 5vr in and out the next day. I think I talked with Ian? GREAT customer service, HL and the dealer.