Current stereo in Key Largo

Cyberdave

Does anyone know what the current stereo is being installed? Also, how many HDMI inputs are on the unit and is it a Blu-Ray. I need to install a Dish receiver and Blu-Ray player if it is not in the current receiver.

Picking up a '13 Key Largo next week! Have not looked at this unit and the salesman didn't know.

We looked at multiple Key Largo's and there were different stereo's from none to LG..

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
I would give Heartland a call, they can tell you just about anything you would need to know. Their number is on the front page of this forum.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
You will need the VIN for them to tell you what stereo is being installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cyberdave

The units sitting in Dallas, we're in Campbellsville ky and the salesman is at the Austin location. How's that for convoluted? You know how it is, pondering and contemplating and is it Christmas yet?

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Some one in Dallas can get you the VIN off of the coach. All they have to do is go and take a picture of it and send it to you. Then you can call HL.

danemayer

I doubt you'll find any HDMI inputs on the sound system. it'll probably have a single HDMI output to the TV and will likely have an Optical TOSlink and/or Digital COAX for audio input. It may have RCA phono in.

Most likely you'll have to add the HDMI cable to the TV. Then depending on what audio outputs are on the TV, you can run audio from the TV back to the surround sound for OTA and Cable. For satellite audio, you'll probably want to run audio out from the satellite receiver directly to the surround sound input.

Here's a link to the document I posted a few days ago showing various types of connections and what equipment you need for each one. It doesn't include satellite yet.

http://manuals.heartlandowners.org/?man=Electronics/Surrnd_Snd/RV Audio Connections Illustrated

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Cyberdave

Thanks, I've kicking around what I'll and Ill just swap out the box with something like the LG in our current rig. It has a single HDMI in so I use an HDMI switch box to go between the Dish box and my PC which has an HDMI out. That way, we have a nice Blu-Ray in the LG and easy switching between other inputs.

I've had the same conversation with Carriage, DRV, Northwoods and even Jayco at the factory. It took years to finally get floor plans that are better suited to the current generation and not my parents who rarely watched TV in their rig. Like the QA guy up in the Northwoods plant said, it will not change until enough people demand something more current primarily because of existing stocks from the supplier(s).

No problem, half the fun will be setting up things.. Honey, I need a .....

jbeletti

If your unit was "just built", I believe it will be a Sony TV and Sony Surround Receiver. I have not seen us use Blue Ray players yet.

Can't help you in the inputs - sorry.

Jim

mikeandconnie

We have no HDMI inputs with our Sony Home Theater receiver and the TV Audio through it has an echo. We have decided to replace it with a New Blue Ray Receiver with a Cable input. You really need extra volume when it's raining or the exhaust fan is running.

danemayer

We have no HDMI inputs with our Sony Home Theater receiver and the TV Audio through it has an echo. We have decided to replace it with a New Blue Ray Receiver with a Cable input. You really need extra volume when it's raining or the exhaust fan is running.

If the echo is while watching satellite, you may need to hook the satellite receiver audio out directly to the surround sound audio in.

mikeandconnie

Right now we have cable and the Toshiba audio output runs to the input on the receiver. It may be a problem with the tv or receiver software but upgrade to Blue Ray would be better for us. An after Christmas present for me.

wildwolfproducts

HDMI imput is on the plate with the RCA jacks. It has a cover on it you have to pop off. Then you can use the HDMI cable from the TV to the Receiver. Get you a flashlight and you can see it better.
Pete

handrent

I just picked up my '13 key largo 1 month ago. It was manufactured in April, so yours may be different depending on manufacture date. Mine stereo is a Sony DVD only. No blu-ray. Has an HDMI output, no input. I'm going to switch it out for something with a little more power and features. Hope this help!

Cyberdave

Yep, Sony Bravia.. No HDMI inpit so I moved my LG over. Man, this thing is one sweet rig. Funny thing is there is actually less inside storage space than our old Cameo.. But a few trips to Goodwill solved the issue.

danemayer

I just picked up my '13 key largo 1 month ago. It was manufactured in April, so yours may be different depending on manufacture date. Mine stereo is a Sony DVD only. No blu-ray. Has an HDMI output, no input. I'm going to switch it out for something with a little more power and features. Hope this help!

What's are the model numbers on your Sony stereo and on the TV?