RV Insurance - What are you using

sjrellis

Time is getting closer to picking up our 3670. What I would like to know is where did you all get insurance? Traditional insurance companies like State Farm & Farmers or rv specific insurance? Thanks!!

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
I have AAA insurance on all my vehicles and had excellent service when I tried to swallow a concrete post at a campground. Damages to the rear cap were just under $4,000. Of course, I had a surcharge on my next renewal.

Chuck

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
State Farm, along with our vehicles and home. We will most likely change though, when we sell our home and second vehicle and begin fulltiming. At that time we will seek out contents insurance also. We have friends that fulltime and have Progressive for TV, RV and contents.

Tom of Ypsi

We have Progressive out of South Dakota, the cheapest we could find for fulltiming. We were also insured by Progressive when we lived in Michigan and never had any problems. I had to have my trailer put on a flatbed truck while living in Michigan and Progressive was more concerned about my safety than the cost of hauling the trailer. Being insured with Progressive in Michigan before South Dakota had no bearing on the price.

jbeletti

American Modern Insurance / Atlas Insurance Agency
PO Box 688
Amelia, OH 45102-0688
(800) 759-9008
Tammi (Greber) Dugger: ext. 9, then 5135

I think I pay about $500 per year for replacement coverage and I specified MSRP for that value plus some contents.

That rate is for the declining deductible (gets lower each year with no claims).

Jim

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We have Progressive for both trailer and truck. We have the "Full Timers" package which includes Emergency Road service, Full replacement trailer if totaled within 5 yrs then for the next 5 yrs they will give you what you paid for it. In addition there are contents coverage and also coverage for guests on your property. Great price when compared to everyone else we got quotes from. We did it via the internet for the quote then saved the quote number and finalized the deal on the phone at a later date. There are also Progressive Agents located here and there. Also has decreasing deductibles and rates go down if no claims. If you want, send me an e-mail for our premiums.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Tom of Ypsi said:
We have Progressive out of South Dakota, the cheapest we could find for fulltiming. We were also insured by Progressive when we lived in Michigan and never had any problems. I had to have my trailer put on a flatbed truck while living in Michigan and Progressive was more concerned about my safety than the cost of hauling the trailer. Being insured with Progressive in Michigan before South Dakota had no bearing on the price.

Tom, We called Progressive when we were considering changing our residence from Wisconsin to Illinois and the rates were a bit higher. I wonder if South Dakota has a better rating than IL???:confused:

Tom of Ypsi

Ray,

All I know is the difference between Mi and SD was very significant. The area of SD makes a difference and that is one of the reasons we chose Rapid City over the other major cities in SD.

SmokeyBare

We are Fulltiming... We needed Insurance with coverage for our full time needs... Meaning an Umbrella Coverage for personal liability.

We selected RV America Insurance. Below are some of the coverage that they provide:

<table class="smallbluefont" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" height="174" width="507"><tbody><tr><td align="right" width="2%">
</td> </tr> <tr><td valign="top">
</td><td valign="top">
</td><td valign="top">
</td><td valign="top">
</td><td valign="top">
</td><td valign="top">
</td><td valign="top">
</td><td valign="top">
</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">
</td><td valign="top">
</td><td valign="top">
</td><td valign="top">
</td><td valign="top">
</td><td valign="top">
</td><td valign="top">
</td><td valign="top">Total Loss Replacment
</td></tr><tr> <td width="5%"> </td> <td valign="top">
</td><td valign="top">
</td><td valign="top">
</td><td valign="top">
</td><td valign="top">
</td><td valign="top">
</td><td align="left"> 24/7 roadside assistance </td> </tr> <tr> <td width="5%"> </td> <td valign="top">
</td><td valign="top">
</td><td valign="top">
</td><td valign="top">
</td><td valign="top">
</td><td valign="top">
</td><td align="left"> Accessories coverage </td> </tr> <tr> <td width="5%"> </td> <td valign="top">
</td><td valign="top">
</td><td valign="top">
</td><td valign="top">
</td><td valign="top">
</td><td valign="top">
</td><td align="left"> Emergency expenses </td> </tr> <tr> <td width="5%"> </td> <td valign="top">
</td><td valign="top">
</td><td valign="top">
</td><td valign="top">
</td><td valign="top">
</td><td valign="top">
</td><td align="left"> Full-timer coverage </td> </tr> <tr> <td width="5%"> </td> <td valign="top">
</td><td valign="top">
</td><td valign="top">
</td><td valign="top">
</td><td valign="top">
</td><td valign="top">
</td><td align="left"> Fire, flood and theft </td> </tr> <tr> <td width="5%"> </td> <td valign="top">
</td><td valign="top">
</td><td valign="top">
</td><td valign="top">
</td><td valign="top">
</td><td valign="top">
</td><td align="left"> Collision coverage </td> </tr> <tr> <td width="5%"> </td> <td valign="top">
</td><td valign="top">
</td><td valign="top">
</td><td valign="top">
</td><td valign="top">
</td><td valign="top">
</td><td align="left"> Low-branch collision </td> </tr> <tr> <td width="5%"> </td> <td valign="top">
</td><td valign="top">
</td><td valign="top">
</td><td valign="top">
</td><td valign="top">
</td><td valign="top">
</td><td align="left"> Personal items replacement, and more</td></tr></tbody></table>
Here is their Link:

http://www.rv-insurance-coverage.com/

jrlebaron

We went with Twin Peaks Insurance Agency. They search for the best deal they can get you. Being from NJ it's not easy. As far as i know they included everything need for RV Insurance. Google Twin Peaks for their web site and they'll email you a quote. Jim

madigand

We went with Foremost ( 2 policies). When truck was broken in last year they paid for anything including the deductible that the truck insurance did not cover

Pulltab

We fulltime so we needed coverage for liability and contents. We use National interstate thru Explorer RV insurance. Rates just went up a bit but for truck and rv with contents and replacement coverage I pay about $1100 in Ohio.

rdctx13

Insurance Geico

Bought my insurance last Nov. when I began fultime in 25' Puma paid over $800, got Big Horn 3500 in Feb 07 insurance with Progressive went up over $1000. Received my renewal for Nov.07 to 08. $ 1378. My autos insurance also comes due in Nov. Germania wanted $1908 for yr. Called Geico got same coverage for $1322 on Autos. So I decided to see if they could help me with RV. Told me add to Auto policy for $396 more. Like to fainted but kept my cool and signed up with them, will get $99 back on last year's policy. So heres the numbers. $3286- $1718= $1568 saving a year. Also I live in Texas, my wife and I are signed up for Defensive Driving and Drug Awareness which will give us over 10% more of dedutions. Me and lizard are now singing praises of Geico...

Oldlthrneck

Just an Old Jarhead
We went with Progressives Full Timer policy. Got full replacement value coverage for BH and $10,000 personal possession coverage for $700 a year. We have the TV through esurance, will add that to Progressive when it expires.

silverfox

USAA Insurance

We have USAA insurance and they are very reasonable. When we start fulltiming (and sell our house and have a small storage unit), they have a very affordable 'renters insurance' that will cover our personal contents in the fifth wheel and in the storage unit. I believe it is only $16 per month for $50K coverage.

jpmorgan37

I have Good Sam-which is provided by GMAC. There has been a lot of discussion about insurance rates and different companies here on the forum. Do a search and you will find many different opinions, then start shopping. Where your home base (address) is will make a big difference in your premium, so take that into consideration when you start shopping. Also, if you are going to go full time, that also will affect your coverage and rates.

John

cgunn

We Use Farmers

We signed with Farmers here in Colorado.
They cover my car,truck and Bighorn.
Personal property,Replacement cost on RV
personal liability and pretty much everything....

charlie