Mor/Ryde pin box

Cyberdave

Will a Mor/Ryde pin box fit with the hitch cover? If so, does anyone know what part number Mor/Ryde pin box will fit?

Speedy

Re: Mo/Ryde pin box

The pin box cover will have to modified to fit over the MorRyde pin box. As for the second question I'm not sure what you are asking. If you mean what MorRyde pin box will fit your trailer it depends on the trailer. Most of the Heartland trailers use the Lippert frame and pin box 1620 HD. The next thing you'll need to know is how much you trailer actually weights because MorRyde has two different rated rubber shear blocks.

I installed one myself last year and it has helped with chucking reduction.

Cyberdave

Yeah, as an old IP would say "engage brain, open mouth" We're picking up a Key Largo after Christmas. What did you modify side / vertical both?

ncc1701e

Takes a lot of patients and a good demel tool. Oh and on the Sundance it took a heat gun to reshape a little.

Mor-Ryde King Pin.jpg

Speedy

Yeah, as an old IP would say "engage brain, open mouth" We're picking up a Key Largo after Christmas. What did you modify side / vertical both?
Sorry I left out the modify part. I took the cover off, looked on the forum to see how difficult to mod it and then threw it in the trash. I did that because it was already damaged from it hitting the bed rails in sharp turns.

caissiel

Took mine off for same reason and it hides the possibility of checking the frame flex. Pin box frame broke on previous SOB trailer and therefore I feel I need to see.

Sent from my SPH-M910 using Tapatalk 2

porthole

Retired
The MOR/ryde pin box is significantly wider then the standard box, so that cover really needs to be cut up to fit.
Would be nice if MOR/ryde would just have one made that fit their box.

I added side covers to mine to hide the slides.

pin_box_cover.JPG