workamping? Los Altos, CA

aatauses

Hello,
We were reading workamping and noticed an ad for the Los Altos Rod and Gun Club in CA. Usually we can get information about rv parks, but wondering if anyone has workamped at this rod and gun club? If so we would appreciate any feedback.
Thanks
al

rumaco

US Army Retired (CW4)
Why can't you get info on RV parks? There are literally thousands of sites wanting hosts and maintenance. Are you new to the workcamping? If so let me know and I will give you every site you could use including the NASCAR races...............STAY AWAY FROM AMAZON.

pegmikef

The only jobs I saw for the Los Altos Rod and Gun Club were for part time range/safety officers and didn't see anything else about it except it looks like a nice range.

pegmikef

Thanks, I didn't see that. Los Altos is where I met my wife of 49 years when I was stationed at Monterey, CA. Looks like a good deal especially if you get unlimited range privileges. It is a nice area. Good luck. Mike

aatauses

Thanks for the responce. Yes, we can get alot of information on rv parks and have been workcamping for 4 years now (private and govt), however this is the first time I had seen anything about a rod and gun club offering a workamp position.
have a good new year.
al

aatauses

We are still looking at this opportunity. However now some concern about the road getting there. anyone have any information about Rt 9 going West from Saratoga, CA?? It looks like a narrow, twisty road and not sure if RV friendly??
thanks
al
currently in Kenai, AK

Gaffer

Go to Google Maps and enter your starting and ending points like you would on Mapquest. Go down the left hand side and click on 3D. Google Earth will "fly" you over the route in 3D so you can get an impression of what it might be like to drive it. It is pretty twisty and does not go west very far before turning south. What would your destination on be? I see that the gun club is 9 miles up that way. Twisty road and up on a ridge top. Click on link to "fly" the route by clicking 3D: https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...7.25454548,-122.10859818,1233.63,172,74.987,0

Last edited:

aatauses

Great way to check out things--thanks--looks quite narrow and twisty, and a concern about tree overhang and height---some added questions when we chat with the owners of the club.
al
currently in Kenai, AK