Leveling My Bighorn 3055 for 1st Time

RichPal

I am a new owner of a 2009 Bighorn 3055. I had a 30ft T/T and new how to level it pretty good. Now I need some advice on how to level my 5th wheel for the first time. And once level where should I place the bubble levels as to make the next time eaiser.

jnbhobe

Level it just like you did your TT. Before I had Level-Up I had a big level on the pin box and a small one on the side by the landing gear.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I was going to say that the JT LVL-1 is a handy electronic leveling device, but I see Lippert snatched them up and it's been discontinued. But the thing works for me.

Wharton

We have a bubble level on the rear of the coach so when DW walks around she can check side-to-side level, then another on up near the front so we can see back to front level.

TedS

I have the large level mounted on the pin box for side to side and a small level near the landing gear switch for front to back.

traveler44

I keep a 9" plastic level just inside the door so that all I have to do is reach inside and off to one side to get it. I check the floor just inside the door until I get it close enough for all reasonable purposes. After you do this for awhile you will learn to leave the front a little high so it levels out when you run the rear stabilizers down. I have gotten pretty good at telling if a site is going to be out of level side to side and how much to run up on to level it out. Tom

happykraut

I am a new owner of a 2009 Bighorn 3055. I had a 30ft T/T and new how to level it pretty good. Now I need some advice on how to level my 5th wheel for the first time. And once level where should I place the bubble levels as to make the next time eaiser.
You need to permanently mount a large(8" or so) level on the pin box to where you can see it while backing up. It comes with mounting hardware. Then mount a small(approx. 3") on the side of your Bighorn in such a place to where you can see it while pressing the up/down button. Both of these levels are available at Walmart.

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
We have the level-up but we still have a small level in the freezer and one we put just in side the door to check side to side front to back!! So far the level-up has done a great job!!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Might also add that if you ever do upgrade to one of the hydraulic systems, or the electric Ground Control system, you won't need a big level on the pin box to see while you jockey the rig back and forth. Won't need any boards under the tires, either.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I use 2 small stick on levels. One under the landing gear switch and just around the corner on the side. This way I can see both when leveling. On our BH we have 2 slides in one side (ODS) and I have to put blocks onder the tires so it sets level. The Kitchen slide is heavy and will make the BH lean to that side.