You asked for 'em Electric awning pics (yawn)

ChopperBill

Wired up the awning, not bad but time consuming to do it right. I tried to run wired through the over hang but finally gave up in frustration. Ran them under the over hang and into the propane compartment and to the front closet door. Found some vinyl channel to cover up the wiring. Made up a wiring harness to keep it all together. Put the switch where the kitchen-living room switch was and moved that to the side wall. Its the only one that has a pitch adjustment to my knowledge and work very well. Motor is so quite you can barely hear it run.
277449018.jpg

277449020.jpg

277449025.jpg

277449030.jpg

277449039.jpg

277449324.jpg

ChopperBill

Tom it was me. I keep trying to do the thumb nail trick but it never seem to work from Picture Trail. Got them on there full size if some one want to thumb them the can give it a whirl.

Tom of Ypsi

Nice job. It looks sturdier than the ones put on by Heartland. Would love to do that on my slide but I will wait for a while.

ChopperBill

I for got to mention that the make the same awning with a rechargeable battery that you can just operate from the switch outside the camper. Might be the deal for someone that doesn't want to mess with wiring.

Gary Steeves

Chopper, How did you "snake" the wiring into the cabinet to the switch ? I like where you put it. Great looking job !!!

ChopperBill

Gary Steeves said:
Chopper, How did you "snake" the wiring into the cabinet to the switch ? I like where you put it. Great looking job !!!
Gary if you go into the toilet room and take the cabinet, knick knack shelf or what ever it is called out you can see clear to the basement. Only 4 screw and a minutes worth of work. You can see the whole mess of wiring down there.

ChopperBill

Uncle Rog said:
Chopper, does it retract with a wind sensor if it picks up a bunch?
Rog they make an option for that. Just a shade fancy for us. (have read stories where they didnt work that well anyway) Whole purpose of the electric awning was so I could move it in and out easily and have no tie downs to deal with. When we leave it will come in and when we get back we can put it out with no screwing around. Renee got the grasp of pushing the button for in and out real fast! After years with the regular awning she still didnt like to mess with it. Another neat part is you can set the pitch down on one side and still run it in and out with out evening them up.
on edit: the gas springs retract if it gets heavy with rain water and after it dumps it goes back to normal.