Question for Big Country owners

Does your surround sound speakers work with your tv?
Ours only work when we watch a dvd. Are the supposed to work with the tv??
Ive tried everything but cant seem to get them to work.

Our friends next door have another brand of 5th wheel and thiers works with the tv.

Steve

Garypowell

I don't have your RV unit but my guess is you might have the same Panasonic theater system. I initially had the same problem. My cable was there I was not using the remote properly. I finally figured out that if I pushed the "radio" button repeatedly it would cycle through the input options.

When I looked closer in very faint letters above this button it says "ext in". And that is what you are doing is bringing in an external source.

Gary

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Depends on the receiver unit you have. If it's a bottom feeder Samsung like mine, no HDMI connections, can't play a Sansa MP3 via the USB, and no surround sound unless it's from a DVD. I'll replace it if I can find another, better one, that will fit in the cabinet.

VKTalley

Depends on the receiver unit you have. If it's a bottom feeder Samsung like mine, no HDMI connections, can't play a Sansa MP3 via the USB, and no surround sound unless it's from a DVD. I'll replace it if I can find another, better one, that will fit in the cabinet.

Hey, JohnDar, check out the TravelingTalleys blog and look at the system and modifications that Malcolm did for our surround sound and audio systems.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Hey, JohnDar, check out the TravelingTalleys blog and look at the system and modifications that Malcolm did for our surround sound and audio systems.

Just put an eyeball on your modification. Nice job! But my receiver isn't mounted to the cabinet face, like yours. It sits inside a cabinet behind a smoked glass door. One of these days I'll get serious about looking for a replacement. Gotta take my measurements again, though.