Entertainment Package Leakage

mikeandconnie

Yesterday around 3 am while we were sleeping. We were awakened with the outside stereo blasting full volume and it would not turn off., I had to disconnect the power plug to turn it off. As you can see in the pictures, water leaked from the upper seal flooding the stereo and damaging the hardware. The top seal is glued on sideways and coming loose in the corners. Everyone needs to check on the seals before any heavy rain. I would also recommend frequent checks on the outside compartment seals. This will be the second time we have had to replace the stereo.

Attachments

• all 467.JPG
    all 467.JPG
    107.2 KB · Views: 155
  • all 469.JPG
    all 469.JPG
    105.6 KB · Views: 134
  • all 470.JPG
    all 470.JPG
    109.9 KB · Views: 132

danemayer

We don't have one, but I've wondered about how the outside entertainment centers are protected from the elements. Looks like the same kind of seals used on the basement hatches. I haven't had leakage on my hatches (maybe because of the drought), but I have had to re-glue the seals.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
You might want to check the carpet on the inside behind the entertainment center. We ran into a guy at a rally who had the same issue and it was so bad he had removed the tv. His leak was being caused by the door at the hinge not closing flush on the top front corner but there is no adjustment.

Not 100% sure but I believe the door and frame is a Mor Ryde product. You might call them or HL service to find out the vendor and see if what they suggest.

mikeandconnie

you have had to re-glue seals on a rig that is only a year old???

Please do not take this as a negative post because the entertainment compartment is a new addition to the Landmarks. Heartland has been great and offered to repair it . I point this out only for other to check them on the PDI and check them often, especially before blowing rain or before towing. Our first radio failed after a 3000 mile non stop trip. There was no sign of water intrusion and Heartland promptly replaced the radio. I have decided to remove the radio before towing.

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
We don't have one, but I've wondered about how the outside entertainment centers are protected from the elements. Looks like the same kind of seals used on the basement hatches. I haven't had leakage on my hatches (maybe because of the drought), but I have had to re-glue the seals.
Dan... What kind of glue did you use? Thanks / Bret