Winter Campers

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired
since I stay here in Michigan in the winter and my snowmobile is broken down, it would be a nice Christmas present for you to send my way
Thanks in advance

jnbhobe

since I stay here in Michigan in the winter and my snowmobile is broken down, it would be a nice Christmas present for you to send my way
Thanks in advance

Hey Gerry, since you already have the Chevy I don't think it would be unreasonable to ask Santa for a pair of snow shoes.

Herbiesrig

North Central Region Directors-Retired
When we were with Good Sam in Illinois there was a group that went camping at the state park on the 26th of Dec and left on the 2nd of January..What a blast.. dry camp, had electric, big bonfires, hot chili, and hamburgers and dogs, Hot chocolate and hot spirits. what a hoot.. Those were the younger days.

nomad45

Have some friends back in "da U.P." in MI that could use those Track-N-Gos! I'm a new rookie here to the forum and my Bighorn. I'm originally from MI, and am wintering in my 3070RL this year in Prescott, AZ (elevation 5400). We have snow, 15 degree nights, but sunny days, and great hiking. I love this rig in the winter. The fireplace makes all the difference!

jimtoo

Hi nomad45,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Happy to hear you have good times with your Big Horn.

Don't hesitate to ask questions or even offer help when needed. That's what the Heartland Family is about, Friendship, Help when needed, and great times at rallies. Please think of joining our Heartland Owners Club and attending some of the rallies.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

9-larry

I have found a coulpe of things about camping in 20 degree weather, 1- the fire place is great but remember when it is heating trailer the furance is not runnig as much and the furance heats the holding tank area. 2- if your hose coming from water supply is not heated it will freeze and will allow freezing to follow rigth up into lines inside trailer [ I learned this the hard way].

JanAndBill

Coldest camping we've done was the mid teens, in a motorhome. Had a ceramic heater going nonstop and the furnace, but it was still hard to get the coach warm. That big front windshield was like a giant ice cube, even with the curtains pulled. Used clamp on work lights in the basement near the water lines, and tanks. Hooked up the hose only when we needed to add water and then drained it. Never froze up but decided I really didn't want to do it again.

sengli

Wow that is cool! This same guy also makes aftermarket suspension systems for snowmobiles. So I can see where he get this idea.