'11 Landmark Kitchen Floor Issue

4ever

I have 2011 landmark, Grand Canyon and the floor in the kitchen is rippling or buckling. It is an area about two feet by three feet in front of the barrel cabinet. It is hard to determine if it is the linoleum or the sub floor. Has anyone had this problem?

Thanks,

Ted

jbeletti

Ted,

If you can easily push down on the raised area with your hand - its likely lino puckering up for some reason. If you cannot - it may be something more involved.

The wood under the lino I think is about 3/8" thick. About the only way I could fathom buckling is if something from below the floor has pushed itself all the way through the laminated floor system.

Sounds like something you need to have a dealer or service center look at right away. Another thought is to call Heartland this week (877-262-8032) to discuss the matter with them. Maybe they've heard of it before.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
In creating the laminated "sandwich," I would imagine that the 3/8" plywood is glued to the aluminum framing. Possible that the glue failed or is missing if the subfloor is buckling. But, it isn't uncommon for the linoleum to shift and buckle, even if the subfloor is intact. I have a small amount of buckling in front of the shower stall, but there is no hardness to it, nor is there any evidence of water leaking from the shower stall. I suppose I could repair it next season by cutting it, gluing the small area, and using some solvent to weld the seam back together. I'll wait until it bothers the wife enough for it to be a problem for me.:rolleyes: