Get the W/D OUT OF THE CLOSET

irish

Am I the only one that hates this??? There is seldom enough closet space in these toyhaulers to begin with and to take over 1/'2 of it for a w/d is ridiculous. Oh and that silly seat in the bedroom - lose it. I am 5'3" and it is too tall for me to use at all. Even my 6' husband said it was useless. Put another dresser or shelves in that space and make it useful.

My ideal toyhauler would have the livng/kitchen area of the 3800 with a dinette and couch, a king bed with enough space to get around it and the w/d in the garage. Don't need a tub in the bathroom, just a decent sized shower. A 1/2 bath is nice but not a necessity.

tmcran

Am I the only one that hates this??? There is seldom enough closet space in these toyhaulers to begin with and to take over 1/'2 of it for a w/d is ridiculous. Oh and that silly seat in the bedroom - lose it. I am 5'3" and it is too tall for me to use at all. Even my 6' husband said it was useless. Put another dresser or shelves in that space and make it useful.

My ideal toyhauler would have the livng/kitchen area of the 3800 with a dinette and couch, a king bed with enough space to get around it and the w/d in the garage. Don't need a tub in the bathroom, just a decent sized shower. A 1/2 bath is nice but not a necessity.

To my wife and kids it is. :)

iowaone

it will be deal breaker for us if we cant get the full closet. I understand we should be able too though.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
We have the connections for W/D, but didn't purchase it when we ordered the rig. That is now closet space for us.

Regarding the tub.... different people have different needs. We fulltime and would like to have the shallow tub-shower setup.
When I saw that shallow tub/shower in the 4100 at the Pomona show recently, the wheels started spinning as to how I could put that thing in my BH. I believe it is the same size as my mega shower enclosure. Trace

Last edited:

mixie57

Irish

When we ordered our 2013 4100 King, the washer/dryer in the bedroom was a deal breaker. The salesman said they would order it without the washer/dryer in the bedroom and delete the garage bathroom. When the RV arrived from the factory, the dealership installed our stackable washer & dryer in the garage closet where the bathroom would have been. Excellent! Will post a picture shortly.

First Time & New Cyclone 4100 King owners; March 2013
Ford 350 Lariat Diesel
Full Time RVing

TXTiger

I have a 2012 Cyclone 4014. My washer dryer hookup is in my 14 foot garage. I have a full closet in the bedroom. Maybe Heartland could offer this design in the next version of the King models.

scottyb

Funny, I brought this up a few months ago. Seems like the non - THers like their w/d in the closet, but those of us with garages may think otherwise. I find that I don't need the 1/2 bath. It gets used as a closet most of the time and it just one more black tank to deal with. If and when I need a w/d, I will probably convert it for a stackable. Everything you need is already there h/c water taps, drain with it's own holding tank, electrical. May need a dryer vent depending on model. I'm not sure where the w/d drain in the MBR closet goes, but I sure wouldn't want it going to the same holding tank as the bathroom. I already have trouble with it filling up too quickly. We haven't yet learned the art of water conservation when we are boondocking.

wiredawgchief

Initially, I asked the dealer to remove the garage refrigerator, plumb it for washer/dryer. I changed my mind, kept the garage fridge, and installed a Splindede XL in the front closet. The idea of optioning either the garage 1/2bath or fridge is a great idea, though. Ron

oscar

Not sure how the customer preferences fall. We love the half bath and it gets used all the time. (Kids, guests.) We don't full time, so a WD would not get used enough to justify the money, space and weight. So, the hookup in the fwd closet is fine, just in case we ever change our mind.

mixie57

We also deleted the 1/2 bath in the garage and had the dealer install the stackables in there. It has its own holding tank which I usually keep the valve open because it fills quickly.

porthole

Retired
That's what is good about having a bit of flexibility when you order new.

Personally, if our model had teh 1/2 bath in the garage I would not give it up. We do have have the combo unit in the front closet and just deal with it in there. I figure with the clothes storage space it takes up we can just use the combo to make up for that lack of storage.

The combo uses from 3-7 gallons per load, so the tank-age use can be somewhat predictable. What does the stack-able use for water?