3055RL Major problems

Chuck

We have had our Big Horn 3055RL almost 11 months. We have had nothing but problems. We bought it from Johnny Walker RV in Las Vegas, Nv and they have been great about service. Heartland seems to be okay, too, but we have had it in the shop 6 times, loss of use totals about 8 weeks, and we're always waiting on something. The last time we took it in we had 19 things to be fixed. After 3 weeks we got it back but we're waiting for 4 things to come in. The whole front end had to be rebuilt and the frame under the bedroom slide out came apart at the weld. Plus the kitchen floor had to be rebuilt because of lack of support over the heater ductwork. Where does it end? Has anyone else had this type of problems? We are wondering what to expect next.:confused:

slaytop

I may be wrong but I think that the main idea is the attitude and purpose for the posting. There is a lot of help on this forum and a respectable request for information or the sharing of a problem that would be of interest and helpful for owners is welcome.

Chuck

Well, we thought our post was decribing the service we had received thus we posted it under "RV Service Experience" and asked for input on the problems that were described.

Forrest Fetherolf

Chuck,

I read your post, and in my opinion, your comments are not out of line. It is important that all forum members share their experiences, both the good and the bad. Everyone has invested hard earned money for there RV and expected certain things. How else can we learn what to expect without this vital input. I value this forum because of the knowledge I have received from others.

Forrest

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Forrest will said and couldn't agree more. Chuck , I sure feel for all your problems and hope thinks get fixed and keep us informed on your progress. We have not had any major problems with ours and quite pleased so far. I think many frustrations on repairs ,parts, start with how good your dealer is and there willingness to do there part. We have been pleased with our service and no problems with Heartland approving warranty work. The service guys at our dealer says Heartland was easier to work with on warranty work than any of the other brands they sell. Hope everything works out and can imagine how you feel.----Ken

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
Chuck
We had major problems with our Dealers service. If you only lost 8 weeks at your dealer, count your self lucky.
I talked to Heatland and brought to the dealer problems with the way the dealer was ordering parts. I ended up keepimg a log of who, when and what aws talked about. I would only talk to the service manager in the end. That did not speed things up either. The owner would not return calls. And this from a respected dealer!!
Heartland was wonderful and sent everything that was ordered, with no problem.
Good luck
Rand

Princess Kathleen

We also have had to wait many, many days/weeks to get repairs done, but they were done as efficient as the vendors to Heartland would ship them. You have to remember that Heartland deals with vendors in building our wonderful units. So, it is not always Heartland's delays, but getting the parts from the vendors.
PK

Uncle Rog

Chuck, hang in there, you seem to have a pretty good attitude about you rig. All I can say is that when you get the unit right you will forget all the issues you have encountered, we have.....

fhollan

Warranty Repair

Chuck: Hang in there. I firmly believe, no matter what brand unit you buy, you're going to find problems. Some companies are easier to work with than others. Heartland is one of those easier companies. I've been in touch with them several times and have no complaints.

Our unit has been back to the dealer several times, and is going again the first part of October for body work. I had a list made out before the warranty ran out. The body work was the last one on the list and the repair was authorized by Heartland. Our warranty ran out the first part of July 07.

As long as you put your name in the hat before the warranty runs out for the repairs, you should be OK. That's the way I done it. Also, stick with this forum. There is a lot of usefull information here and I learned quite a bit since we've had our unit. Jim runs a tight ship and keeps it clean. Good Luck!

cj2000

I Just Picked Up A New 3055 A Month And A Half Ago And Have Had Alot Of Water Leak Problems And Awning Problems.took It Back To The Dealer After 4 Days From Pick-up Date Spent 3 Weeks Waiting For Parts.picked It Up Again And Still Had The Same Awning Problem Only Down To 2 Water Leaks Now.back To The Shop Again,sure Has Screwed Up The End Of The Season For Me.the Dealer (not Listing At Names At This Time)and Heartland Are Working To Get It Back On The Road.

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
Where were/are the water leaks? Could they have been found by dealer hooking up a hose to city water inlet and turning it on and running water through all faucets, toilet, and shower, filling potable water tank, and running water through black tank flush? Good luck with getting back on the road.

Chuck

Well, we are still "hanging in there". The problems have mostly been ironed out. Heartland and Johnnie Walker RV in Las Vegas, Nevada have been terrific. Especially Jeremy at Johnnie Walker. If any of ya'll are ever in Las Vegas and need service for your RV (God forbid) look up Johnny Walker, they will do you right.