PDA

View Full Version : She's Here!!!

kakampers
12-23-2012, 07:15 PM
Our new 2013 Key Largo showed up at the dealer today...and boy, is she ever gorgeous!! Everything we expected and more.

The transport driver said it was the best towing fiver he ever pulled...think that has a lot to do with the Mor Ryde IS and pin box. Everything is exactly as we ordered and we only found a few very minor cosmetic issues. The dealer starts the PDI tomorrow and we will be there while they do it to make sure all systems are working properly before we move into it on Wednesday or Thursday.

Only one disappointment, and it was something we did not expect. The MCD shades we ordered are apparently a more "economical" version of what we've seen and we not overly happy with them...wish Heartland would have optioned the regular MCD's...would have gladly paid the difference. Two of them are bad and will have to be replaced...luckily they are a DIY project and DH can handle the replacement when they are shipped to us.

We are so excited and cannot wait to make her our own!!! Pics to follow...

danemayer
12-23-2012, 07:18 PM
Woohoo!

jnbhobe
12-23-2012, 07:28 PM
Congratulations, waiting to see pictures. Merry Christmas !!

ziggy
12-23-2012, 07:37 PM
Congrats! Perfect timing for a new home to arrive.
Kristy

TandT
12-23-2012, 07:58 PM
Congratulations. Great rig. Looks like it was worth the wait. Trace

SouthernNights
12-23-2012, 08:15 PM
Congratulations. I know the next few days will be spent going through all your stuff getting ready for the big move.

The driver is right about how good it pulls with the IS.

We have had ours one year today and every trip we enjoy it more and more.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Rodbuster
12-23-2012, 08:34 PM
Congratulations to both of you...what a fantastic Christmas present.

Invizatu
12-23-2012, 09:10 PM
Sounds beautiful !!! Congratulations.
If I remember correctly, your dealer is in Mesquite? You know MCD is just about 40 miles North in McKinney. Maybe a factory visit and a trade out could be arranged.
Enjoy!

BigDaddy
12-23-2012, 09:18 PM
Congratulations! And Merry Christmas!!! We picked up our 2013 Key Largo August 28th and have really enjoyed it. Wishing you a great new year with your new "home".

Nabo
12-23-2012, 09:21 PM
Congratulations Ken and Kathy on your new "condo on wheels". Hope to see ya'll & the new home in a couple of weeks in TN.

katkens-DW
12-23-2012, 09:49 PM
WOW I am so happy for you guys !! What a Christmas present!! I hope you enjoy your new home! Merry Christmas to you and Ken!!

TRAVELER07
12-23-2012, 09:52 PM
Congrad Ken and Kathy, on the new addition to the family.Can't wait to see the pics. Now where is the next trip to? Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

jayc
12-23-2012, 09:53 PM
We're so glad it's in! Can't wait to see it.

kdubinwa
12-23-2012, 10:01 PM
Congrats kakampers.

Did the MorRyde IS get installed at the factory? I did not realize that was available from Landmark.

Our new 2013 Key Largo showed up at the dealer today...and boy, is she ever gorgeous!! Everything we expected and more.

The transport driver said it was the best towing fiver he ever pulled...think that has a lot to do with the Mor Ryde IS and pin box. Everything is exactly as we ordered and we only found a few very minor cosmetic issues. The dealer starts the PDI tomorrow and we will be there while they do it to make sure all systems are working properly before we move into it on Wednesday or Thursday.

Only one disappointment, and it was something we did not expect. The MCD shades we ordered are apparently a more "economical" version of what we've seen and we not overly happy with them...wish Heartland would have optioned the regular MCD's...would have gladly paid the difference. Two of them are bad and will have to be replaced...luckily they are a DIY project and DH can handle the replacement when they are shipped to us.

We are so excited and cannot wait to make her our own!!! Pics to follow...

jbeletti
12-23-2012, 10:46 PM
Very happy for you Ken and Kathy. Fun chatting with you about it tonight. Hope the PDI goes well and you get moved in as planned. See you in a couple of weeks!

dbylinski
12-24-2012, 05:10 AM
Congrats and Merry Christmas! Do ya think Santa can put one under my tree tonight? Hope to see you this season.

mjatwalker
12-24-2012, 07:17 AM
What a nice Christmas present...Enjoy!!!

gschaaf
12-24-2012, 08:42 AM
Congrats Ken and Kathy on your Christmas present can't wait to see the pics. See ya on the road.

FordMan1966
12-24-2012, 10:21 AM
Congrats! We are enjoying our 2013 Landmark Grand Canyon Chocolate Full Body Paint. Enjoy!!

jmgratz
12-24-2012, 10:31 AM
Congratulations. Yall deserve it. We know you will find years of enjoyment. We love our Mor-Ryde IS with the disc brakes.
It gives a great ride and wonderful tow. Sometimes you forget it is back there.

kakampers
12-24-2012, 12:47 PM
Congrats kakampers.

Did the MorRyde IS get installed at the factory? I did not realize that was available from Landmark.

Thanks! No, the mor Ryde was a collaboration with the dealer and transport company...we dealt with and paid mor Ryde directly....really wanted it and knew it would be a long time before we could get up there to have it done.

kakampers
12-24-2012, 12:56 PM
Thanks everybody! This has been a long time coming, and it will be our Christmas present for many years to come..LOL!

We will do our final walk thru first thing Thursday morning, and then move in immediately. Went over it this morning with the tech doing the PDI and feel very confident he will be checking every system and connection.

We will be in Dayton, TN sometime on New Years Eve....spending four to six months there working....Nathan and Byrd, how close are you? We will staying at Blue Water...

jbeletti
12-24-2012, 01:55 PM
Kathy - Looks like you're just over an hour to Byrd/Nathan and a just under an hour to us (map (http://goo.gl/maps/eFlTK)).

For20hunter
12-24-2012, 02:45 PM
Congratulations! What a great Christmas present to get! We can't wait to see some photos. :)

Bernie55
12-24-2012, 02:45 PM
Soooo happy for you ...

Nabo
12-24-2012, 05:24 PM
Dayton - that's just a hoot-n-holler from us. Ya will have to let us know when ya get there and will run down to see ya. It's about 45 minutes from the house and would love to come see the new digs.
B--

kakampers
12-24-2012, 05:31 PM
Byrd....will let you know...we will LOVE showing her off....feel like a proud New mama...LOL!

Nabo
12-24-2012, 07:54 PM
Ok Dookee

Merry Christmas to all.

Herbiesrig
12-25-2012, 09:44 AM
Ken and Kathy, Congratulations on your new home, Have many wonderful trips and times in it. Merry Christmas and Have a Happy and Healthy New Year.

Freckles
12-25-2012, 11:08 AM
Congrats ken & Kathy !!! I guess you were correct in your delivery date !!! Looking forward in seeing it in 2013.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

jbeletti
12-25-2012, 11:24 AM
Greg - loved the pic of the BH with the lighted wreath. You should post it here so Kathy knows what she needs to do :)

Freckles
12-25-2012, 11:46 AM
Pick ours up 11/25 only got to use it overnight at Wilkins rv. Looking forward for photos !!! Minus the snow.

jbeletti
12-25-2012, 01:14 PM
Nice Greg!

kakampers
12-25-2012, 01:48 PM
Greg - loved the pic of the BH with the lighted wreath. You should post it here so Kathy knows what she needs to do :)

Very funny Bro!! Got to get pics first...plan to go over tomorrow to drop off the sat. dish and will get some then....

kakampers
12-25-2012, 01:50 PM
Pick ours up 11/25 only got to use it overnight at Wilkins rv. Looking forward for photos !!! Minus the snow.

That is a cool pic! Right now we're sitting here in wind and rain in Dallas...no decorations in this kind of weather...snow should start this afternoon!!

jbeletti
12-25-2012, 01:54 PM
Maybe time to go to Lowes to get a lightly tacky roll of protective plastic film designed to protect floors. I did that on all the carpet before I moved into one of my demos in a dirty warehouse. On the lino, I used a roll of heavy paper designed to protect hard surfaces. I used blue masking tape to place the paper down. Both items found in same area in Flooring dept.

kakampers
12-25-2012, 02:00 PM
Good idea...we will pic that up tomorrow!!

jbeletti
12-25-2012, 02:03 PM
It's an hour of work and I know every minute you have right now is precious, but it may be time well spent.

2psnapod2
12-26-2012, 01:24 PM
Congrats on the new coach. It really is a great floorplan.

kakampers
12-26-2012, 06:10 PM
As promised, we snapped a few pics while dropping off the sat. dish for install this morning...did not want to get in the way, as the techs were working hard to get everything ready so we could move in tomorrow morning!

I must say, each time I see her I am more impressed...looking behind the cargo wall we were amazed at the difference compared to our 08' Bighorn...no rats nest. Everything was relatively neat and organized. Bret, our tech, said he found very few issues save the "loose water connections". But, since he hands on checks each connection, everything is tight and no leaks...YEAH!! All systems are working perfectly...Bret also said he likes the Landmark, as it usually has the least amount of issues of all the units he works on.

You might notice, we opted for the Monte Carlo interior, but had the couch and recliners done in the Laguna leather... really like the way it came out

Tomorrow, time allowing will try and get a few more, including some of the outside....:D:D

wildwolfproducts
12-26-2012, 06:44 PM
Enjoy and looks like you have the outdoor Entertainment center also. Love everything about ours.
Pete

danemayer
12-26-2012, 06:45 PM
I like it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

TravelTiger
12-26-2012, 09:27 PM
Wish we could be there to see it in person! (We're in Durango, Co.) Well, we'll see ya at a rally I'm sure. Glad you've had a good experience so far with ExploreUSA in Mesquite, TX.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ziggy
12-26-2012, 09:54 PM
Very Nice.
Kristy

NWILSON
12-27-2012, 08:22 AM
WOW!!! How could anyone not like that???

jbeletti
12-27-2012, 09:04 AM
Like :)

Invizatu
12-27-2012, 12:01 PM
"Gorgeous" !!!

2psnapod2
12-27-2012, 01:26 PM
That darker wood does look very rich. And the lighter furniture really accents the dark colors. Very nice looking. Just not sure about the no cabinets around the TV.

kakampers
12-28-2012, 11:19 AM
We actually like not having the cabinets...it's no different than hanging a flat screen on the wall in a S&B....but you do loose some storage. The upside...real easy to make connections and see the TV from anywhere.

Had a marathon move in day yesterday...EXHAUSTING!! Still have to find a place for a few items, and will probably rearrange several times be fore done. One note of caution...found out you cannot keep shower door closed when pin high! stayed hooked to the truck last night and it was a challenge getting a shower!!

Will try and get a few more pics this weekend with it somewhat decorated and get some of the outside too...

jbeletti
12-28-2012, 12:46 PM
...One note of caution...found out you cannot keep shower door closed when pin high! stayed hooked to the truck last night and it was a challenge getting a shower!!...

Why was this difficult Kathy? Are you saying the the angle was uncomfortable/door wouldn't stay closed?? Or is there a design issue that we need to think about.

kakampers
12-28-2012, 02:12 PM
Don't think it's a design issue...meant to be used when level, which would keep the door where you put it. We were considerably nose high, causing the door to drift back toward the open position. Probably could come up with some sort of latch on the inside so it would stay shut when we don't want to unhook...another little mod....LOL!

jbeletti
12-28-2012, 02:21 PM
Thanks Kathy - I understand what you are saying.

Before you do a mod, I suggest you give it a couple dozen showers and see if the friction caused by the tracks and rollers no longer being pristine - don't actually help you out.

kakampers
12-28-2012, 02:50 PM
True...that might work. Don't think we'll be in that position too often, thankfully.