dealers?

Mariposa

I am not sure where to start my story. It is longer than this.
My 1st trip to the dealer for some repairs on our new unit.
We made an appoiment and showed up 1/2 hour late. That must have move us to the back of the line? We moved into the dealer's back lot. We hook up the power and turn the a/c on. Next morning I was at the service writers area. When do I get my unit worked on? "Not to day, may-be tomorrow". Next morning, a Friday, I was there, but still no work done. Saturday was a part day and Sunday was off, so no work done. Monday was another "not today, maybe tomorrow". That was the straw. I talked it over with the service writer, (my X, also had a little talk with him). The service writer was really impressed and said good by. We pull out. 4 days on his lot. No work done. 5 days counting Sunday. The service writer did call after we got back to New Caney, Texas. after I called Hartland Sales Rep, Mr. Robinson. They had an opening for us, Tomorrow.
I am rereading Hartland's "Benefits of Purchasing your RV Locally" May-be the dealer should read it, too.
I am some what frustrated. The trailer still needs some repairs. It only leaks when it rains.
Bob

jimtoo

How about telling us who is, or was your dealer? Maybe someone else will not have the same problem if they don't purchase from them or seek service.

jpmorgan37

Whether you were 1/2 hour late or not, is no reason to be put to the back of the line. You should have gone to the dealer principal or general manager after the first day instead of fooling with the Service Advisor. At this point, if you have any more problems, I would call Heartland and talk to David Parton in Customer Service. I believe that he can make arrangements to get your coach in and have your repairs taken care of.

Mariposa

Jim
The dealer was Soutwest RV and changed to Camping World just in the last week or so. Camping World now is running the service and sales. The story could be longer about the service, but I wanted to keep the whole project simple. Can't seem to do that. It might be me, thinking the customer was the reason for the business.

Mariposa

JP Morgan37
One of the problems we have are we are full timers. They want the trailer to sit on their lot and us out of the way, or back home or some place. We had a trailer from Northwood and the factory took care of all my complaints. Kind of spoiled us, I guess.
Bob

jpmorgan37

Bob;
We too are fulltimers, so I can definitely understand your issues. When we had some concerns to deal with and we weren't getting the type of response we wanted from a dealer close to us in Texas, we made arrangements to have our repairs made at Recreational Specialities a week before the rally, which proved to be an excellent choice in repair facilities. Heartland approved the repairs and allowed me to wait until I came to Elkhart to have them done. We had the use of our RV every night and they did the work in the daytime. It was definitely a win win situation.

John

Wow JP. That's impressive. We've been dealing with ExploreUSA out of Denton, Tx and we live about 30 miles from there. They've had our trailer for going on three weeks. It's been one nightmare after another. I wish we had known about that David Parton guy last month when we were stranded without A/C or power in 104 degree heat in south Texas for a week. My husband had to call the owner of the company to get results and then after we got back and took the RV into the dealer for some "checking it over with a fine tooth comb" because they didn't do that before they turned it over to us, it's been headaches to get it all done since. He's tried the service manager, sales manager (which changed in the middle of our doing business) and the district manager. It appears that they must talk about us because no matter who you talk to when you call, they all know the situation and want to give their two cents about it. They are supposedely working on it now and we should be able to pick it up next weekend. After that, we will NEVER do business with that dealer again! We too are selling our house and going fulltiming within the next two months and were trying to get it packed and prepared for the change over. It's difficult to do when it's always in the shop. There's not that much wrong with it, it just takes so long due to the service dept and their incompetence and poor customer service. Next time, after reading these forums, we'll deal directly with Heartland instead and see if that gets better/quicker results.

Princess Kathleen

Sorry to hear of all your woes. We have had a good deal of work done on the Luv Shak and have NEVER had a problem getting the work done. Sometimes it takes awhile to get all the parts in because of the vendors they deal with. But Heartland is an awesome company and we are glad we have chosen their product to be our HOME.
PK

Mariposa

dealers

Mr Roberson and the salesman talk me into trying again at Camping World, Katy, Tx
What a change in conditions. We went over on the 9th for our appointment the morning of the 10th. It took two days to do all the work on our list, but every thing was done. I was able to talk to the tech. He showed me things that we miss on the walk though when we bought the Big Horn. He also showed me the problems and what he did to fix them.
The waiting area was cleaner and neater. Other staff people was friendiler They are making changes and it just takes time.
It was hard to believe that it was the same place.

jcd8822

Joseph
Bob, I coiuld write you pages about the former Southwest RV. Last May I was in there on the Camping World side to make a purchase before we left for the summer and I noticed the same employees, so their changing their name will not get me back in their for ANY type service work. Now that we are full time we go to Elkhart and let Matt at RS do all of our work. I would tell anyone who has not been there to avoid them like the plague. We stay out IH-10 in Sealy during the winter, but will never take our rig there again.

Joseph

Mariposa

service

jcd8822
I understand. I don't know what happened between my first visit and 2nd visit. I know some of the people were the same. some of the pass techs are gone. It was like a whole new shop.
We were impress with how clean the waiting room area was. Befor it was dirty. They have new poeple doing that
Right now we are in New Caney, off hwy 59. I don't like paying tolls getting the Big Horn across to Katy, but I can use the practice. Right now looks like we will be around for another 6 weeks.
We are planning to go to the rally this week-end. You?
Bob

v92c

Texan
We bought from Southwest RV in Katy, and if there is a benefit that comes with buying locally we missed out too. Our camper sat at the dealership more the first year than at our house, we would borrow it from them when we wanted to camp. I have not been impressed with Camping World but most of our problems were fixed before they took over.

I hate to think of ever going thru the experience of buying a new camper again.:eek: