Kitchen Floor

Burtboy

We have a 09 Bighorn 3670, and our floor in the kitchen cracked all the way across. The floor covering is so thin , we are not happy as they say we have to take the slide out to replace it. Has anyone had this happen to them?

jnbhobe

Check with some other people I'm not so sure the slide has to come out, maybe I'm wrong but I'll try to check with my guys.

HUJDIC

We have this problem a lot in Canada because of our cold winters, The floor covering shrinks in the winter and splits. When it is installed at the factory they usually just glue it down around the edges.The fix here is to replace it and glue the whole area down.

Paul & Nan

Our 09 3670 has multiple tears/cracks. For now I keep it covered with small rugs so I don't catch my toe and fall. Don't ask!! We know we have to repalace, but are waiting for now. Know it won't be an inexpensive fix.

jimtoo

Why not replace,, or just cover the old flooring over with the inexpensive laminate floor. It's not hard to install if you have just a little bit of carpenter in you. I put a thin, cheap laminate down you can buy at most big hardware stores. It's only 3/16" thick instead of 1/4 or 5/16 like the expensive stuff and only guaranteed 15 years instead of 25=30. I have had mine in for 3 + years now and still looks new. I installed mine over the top of the original floor and used the thinnest, cheapest pad they had to go under it. Squared off the rounded carpet corners and I also used the better metal trim retainer between carpet and laminate. The cheap plastic retainer will not keep the edge molding in place.

Jim M

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Problem with laminate in a 3670 might be the kitchen slide having to ride up and over the added height. Anybody got experience with that?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
John, I thought about having to do that sometime in the future on my 3585.
I think I would jack up the slide a bit and run the laminate under the rollers. The slide would sit a bit higher but I don't think it would be a problem.
And, I think the rollers would roll a lot easier on the laminate than the soft vinyl.
Just a thought.

Peace
Dave

noobee

We have this problem a lot in Canada because of our cold winters, The floor covering shrinks in the winter and splits. When it is installed at the factory they usually just glue it down around the edges.The fix here is to replace it and glue the whole area down.

We had the splitting problem when we returned from Arizona to our unit that was in Alberta for the winter. We had a better quality lino installed & completely glued down. Hopefully when we return this spring we won't have the same problem.:confused:

beardedone

Beardedone
I have previously posted on this problem in my Landmark when it occurred two years ago. However I have not yet repaired it but when I do I plan on using Allure laminate from Home Depot (there house brand). I am also planning on making strips of material for the rollers to move on. So far I am thinking of something like "puckboard" which is used to line the boards of hockey rinks. There are lots of posts on RV.Net about this.