High pitched noise from propane tank

traveler44

I thought the noise was coming from the furnace but when I finally pinned it down it was coming from the propane tanks. This is the first time I have actually let the primary tank run out of propane. I was looking for the green dot on the side towards the tank to turn red. I just thought that I would let you know that it is the dot in the MIDDLE that you have to watch to see if the tank is empty. I already had the second tank open so the regulator switched to the spare tank like it was supposed to. After I turned the valve over towards the full tank the dot in the middle turned green again. Everything is still fine and running and I didn't even have to bleed air from the line. Nice to know that the regulator is working like it is supposed to and that the fan bearing in the furnace wasn't making that noise. Didn't see any place to post stupid human stuff on here so I just posted in the furnace section. Tom

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
I know when I was working as a propane gas deliver, some of the larger tanks would creak and moan when it was cold. I always thought it was the tanks just expanding and contracting.