2013 Landmark antenna amp switch

Cyberdave

New 2013 Landmark Key Largo (August build) Antenna Tek MOD550 antenna. The amp is not located on the 12vdc socket plate in the entertainment cabinet or anywhere else I can find. Need to locate it so when I am on a cable input the signal will work. Nice to be able to do when I'm too lazy to setup my Carryout.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Re: 2013 Landmark antenna amp awitch

Look at the TV connection in the bedroom. It's usually a small red button next to the coax connection. Press it and a red LED should illuminate.

Cyberdave

Nope, direct feed from coax plate, no switch there either... Bizarre.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
2013 Landmark antenna amp awitch

Hmmm, a call to customer service sounds in order. Have your VIN handy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cyberdave

And the winner is; Jim! I'd noticed the coax in there but did not see the amp switch. Why in the word is that in there? Almost looks like it could be a whole house center hook up.

Thanks to all for your answers

jbeletti

And the winner is; Jim! I'd noticed the coax in there but did not see the amp switch. Why in the word is that in there? Almost looks like it could be a whole house center hook up.

Thanks to all for your answers

As for why it's where it is, I can't say with certainty.

But your on the right track in terms of a whole house hookup center. Several years ago, I asked Heartland to wire up my demo coach a specific way when it came to satellite wiring. I told them I was putting the satellite receiver in the closet on the shelf and that I needed satellite coax there, satellite control cable there, an AC receptacle there and an HDMI cable I supplied, from there to the bedroom TV. In that coach, all the jacks (bedroom satellite and OTA antenna) ended up getting co-located. Thereafter, I kept asking for the same thing. Maybe it's become the standard. My hope is that one day, the bedroom HDMI cable will become a standard (like the living room now is) - though not everyone has a satellite receiver in the bedroom and still, not everyone would want it in the closet (RF remote).

I think Landmark is not standard with a Genesis 2.0 radio/DVD player built-into the end of the dresser. I assume that's hooked up to the bedroom speakers and the bedroom TV (via composite audio/video).

Cyberdave

Sounds like you're spot on. A whole house center would be slick. I need to find an IR repeater so I can keep the doors closed over the TV.

I also have the Genesis 2.0 installed on the end of the dresser with two ceiling speakers overhead. Since I have a lot of Blu-ray discs I am planning to connect one the second HDMI port on the TV an running an Fiber Optic cable to the input of the Genesis... At least that's the plan. Nice thing is they provided access by simply removing the top drawer/

jbeletti

Dave - if you only plan to hide the satellite receiver, you can use an RF remote with it and not need line of sight. I have Direct TV and many of their remotes are IR/RF. If you have Direct TV and do not have an RF remote - they cost about $25.

But yeah, if you plan to put more gear in there, behind the door if you will - an IR remote system is nice. I have a Niles system in my home. They can get pricey.