ATF: Landmark - Buying Parts

crmfghtr

Hello,
Can I purchase parts direct from the factory? In the bedroom, while making the bed, I bumped the plastic curtain hold-down in the bedroom at the bottom and the plastic curtain hold broke. Can I purchase a few from the factory in case this happens again?

oldmannj

the curtain hold downs are pretty much a stock item. You should be able to get them from any RV dealer.ED

crmfghtr

Hi, Thanks for the quick reply, Found it at Dyer's in AZ. Not that expensive. They come two to a pack, I bought 3 packs in case it happens again.

Last edited:

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
To answer your question, yes you can buy parts from the factory and if you are a Heartland Owners Club member you get a 10 percent discount. Sometimes it might be easier to buy the part from the local RV dealer though. The parts discount is one of the benefits of being an owners club member

Speedy

Did the same thing first weekend we had our BC. Ordered from Heartland at .94 each with Club discount but they nailed me for $15 shipping via USPS. Never again.

jbeletti

Did the same thing first weekend we had our BC. Ordered from Heartland at .94 each with Club discount but they nailed me for $15 shipping via USPS. Never again.

John - are you saying Heartland Customer Service gave you no indication as to what the shipping cost may be?

$15 for a small part via USPS does sound high. I was unaware that we even ship USPS. Was it shipped special (overnight, 2-day etc.)?

Jim

rick_debbie_gallant

What happened to the USPS thing "if it fits it ships for as low as 5.95." I think that is how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speedy

Jim, I was quoted the cost of the part; because I knew the part weighed almost nothing I wasn't really concerned about the shipping cost. When I received the padded envelope with the parts via USPS first class I looked at the invoice and there was a $10 shipping/handling charge. I called customer service and asked about this and was told that there is a minimum shipping handling charge of $10 per order.

I didn't argue the issue any further. I haven't placed a parts order since (Oct 2011).

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
I am sure the cost does not only cover shipping, don't forget that it takes time to prepare it for shipping. They need to pay that guy that actually puts it in the box and also the materials needed to ship it safely. But yes 15.00 does sound kind of high for that part John. I just ordered the same thing from Tweety's and for a purchase of 25.00, got free shipping. I just added on to the order a few things I was eyeballing.

jbeletti

Jim, I was quoted the cost of the part; because I knew the part weighed almost nothing I wasn't really concerned about the shipping cost. When I received the padded envelope with the parts via USPS first class I looked at the invoice and there was a $10 shipping/handling charge. I called customer service and asked about this and was told that there is a minimum shipping handling charge of $10 per order.

I didn't argue the issue any further. I haven't placed a parts order since (Oct 2011).

Thanks for following up John. I was not aware of the minimum shipping fee. Now I am.

jbbdc

I always check Amazon first before looking elsewhere. We order from them very often. At least once per week.

Paying for the Prime membership ($75/year) has saved us a bundle. Free 2-day shipping on anything we order. I recently ordered an air compressor and large, rolling cart. The cart alone probably would have cost upwards of $75 to ship under normal conditions.

The Prime membership may not fit everyone's needs if they don't shop online much. We've been a Prime subscriber ever since Amazon started the program. I hope it never ends.