Updated to Electronic Lists...

skyguy

Just finished updating my Mac to mountain lion. Added "Clear" a To Do list app for both the Mac and my iPhone. Clear will sync automatically via Apple's icloud.

In the past, we have used laminated paper versions of a departure list and arrival list, as insurance against missing some critical step, such as lowering the TV antenna, or locking the hitch. Now these lists are on the Mac and on the iPhone, so I should always have these and other lists at hand! (Assuming I haven't miss-placed my phone!) :eek::eek:

Just trying to keep up with the computer evolution!

Al S.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
I like your idea. Neat way to make sure ya don't forget something real important.

GOTTOYS

Wow! Sorry, I have no idea what you're talking about...I use a pen and paper for my lists. I guess that would be considered the analog version. Still works good for me...Don

jbeletti

Funny Don. We call our developer's electrician "an incandescent man stuck in an LED world" :) Just no changing him now.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
LOL !!!!!

I haven't used the Clear app, but the notes app built in to my phone and now in Mt Lion sync really well for me.

Kristy

porthole

Retired
I use "List" by Secret Society Software on the iPhone. http://secretsocietysoftware.com/

Works great foe me. I have a trailer departure checklist set. As I go through the list, I tap the box and a check mark displays and drops the item to the bottom of the list.
I use priorities to keep the items I need in a specific order as it defaults to alphabetically sorted.

Items that are used for both departing home and a campground are prioritized first. Very easy to add and remove temporary items too.

I have gotten into the habit of using it every departure to keep from forgetting something important, even the mundane times like secure the doors and draws. Still use the antenna up hang tag on the mirror though.

jimpav

Cool stuff, I use the Rand McNally 7720 GPS, as it has user definable checklists built into the unit. I've started updating them with everything I could think of to get ready for the camping season.

TXTiger

My old PC laptop battery wouldn't even take a charge it was time to get a new one. Also was getting ready for a few months of down time recovering from surgery and was looking at a Kindle to read books. My Droid phone was due for an upgrade also. So I took the leap and bought a new Mac Book Pro, iPad and iPhone. I see the Notes and Reminders list, but not sure what Clear is? The List sounds good too. Will have to look into these Apps, now that i am part of the Apple family.

chasdvorak

Two Toes -

I think you will be pleased with your Apple combination. I went that route a few years ago and really appreciate the the iCloud apps. Any app that is on the cloud and is common amongst the Mac's, iPhone, iPad or iPod allows virtual sync to all devices. That means, when you change something on one device, the changes show up on all devices.

The most common apps on all of the Apple devices are Contacts, Calendar and Reminders....however there are a ton of third party apps which also use the iCloud in a similar manner. I never considered adding the camper checklist to a reminder or notes app, but that is a great idea!!! The check list has saved me from disasters, big and small in the past and adding them to a device will make it easier.

I was an old time Windows guy for years and jumped to the Apple product line after setting up a brand new Mac for a friend.....the whole thing, including wireless router with built in hard drive and automatic back-up took less than 15 minutes before we up and running. There was a bit of a learning curve for me, especially since I used the Office products extensively at work and home, but it was well worth the effort. Apple offers a limited amount of free in-store classes if you are near a retail store, but their best deal is the One to One program. This program allows you to attend unlimited personal, group or project training sessios for the mere cost of $99 per year. I think you have to buy the 1 to 1 at the time you purchase a Mac or shortly thereafter, but I just renewed it for some more training.

That said, I'm not trying to start a Chevy vs Ford Vs Dodge type debate....just saying. The Windows and Android devices have similar apps that also sync off cloud networks. I think it's just another great use of technology shared through an awesome group of people on this forum.

TXTiger

When I purchased the MacBook I also purchased the Apple One on One which not only includes the unlimited face to face training for one year but it also included the transfer of all my data from my old PC laptop. I love the customer service at the Apple store. The price is set by Apple so even Best Buy and Costco are the same price as the Apple store without the customer service. I highly recommend making your purchase directly from the Apple Store.