Furnace Problems

Tom of Ypsi

Today the furnace came on all by itself while we were gone for abut 3 hours and the inside temp was 100 degrees. The remote was not in the site alignment of the eye and when we left everything was turned off. I had two windows open and the stool room vent open when we left otherwise the temp might have been higher. This is the second time this has happen, both times we were away. The last time this happen the remote was in sight of the eye. The remote temp was set at 78 degrees and outside temp was around 70 this time and last time the outside temp was around 90. Any ideas to what the problem may be?

jimtoo

If there were any thunder storms or lightning in the area, it could happen. Lightning turned my remote controlled fireplace on two times before I got smart and manually turned of it off at the breaker.

Tom of Ypsi

Thanks Jim
There were not thunderstorms in the area either time. This time the weather was mostly cloudy and around 70. After the last episode we changed the batteries in the remote thnking this might be a problem.